Ross County vs Partick Thistle (3.4.18 @ 7.45PM)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fight, no grit, no competitiveness. You can blame the players on the park but the manager should be getting them mentally prepared as well as physically. I think some of the team have been at the club too long. I also think 2-3 want away that aren't playing for the club or supporters. They've checked out. 

Archie if you read this shite it's time to play 3-4 of the academy / young players and try to get the limited leadership motivated for the post-split games. Shelf the ones that want out. Attack our opponents and see if we can at least get 11th. Today was a shambles. If you stay through the next 24-48 hours it's do or die time.  

Just dreadful. I don't mind if we lose but leave it all on the field. There was none of that tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

No fight, no grit, no competitiveness. You can blame the players on the park but the manager should be getting them mentally prepared as well as physically. I think some of the team have been at the club too long. I also think 2-3 want away that aren't playing for the club or supporters. They've checked out. 

Archie if you read this shite it's time to play 3-4 of the academy / young players and try to get the limited leadership motivated for the post-split games. Shelf the ones that want out. Attack our opponents and see if we can at least get 11th. Today was a shambles. If you stay through the next 24-48 hours it's do or die time.  

Just dreadful. I don't mind if we lose but leave it all on the field. There was none of that tonight. 

Not sure we have that many, take out McCarthy and Penrice and they're either out on loan or getting shoed every week in the Development league.(1 win in the last 15)

Woods at his best, struts his stuff early on, slowly disappears as each goal is scored and at 4 has one sock rolled down, cramp, I’m injured, it wasn’t my fault, honest...

Still,  he’s almost mastered the corner kick, free kicks next...

The fans of no mark clubs on here will never rile me as much as our own fans who still think Archie deserves more time and it's the players who have let him down.

Being a Championship club fits in with hipster lifestyle. 

Not sure we have that many, take out McCarthy and Penrice and they're either out on loan or getting shoed every week in the Development league.(1 win in the last 15)

Fair point. Maybe get the Thistle Weir ladies captain on the field? She seems to have passion fight and some cojones about her. Rather see fight and some steel to the crap the players are dishing out presently.

Strange, didn't feel like a 4-0 game that, but in saying so PT hardly threatened our goal and we could actually have had a couple more (thought Schalk's disallowed goal was onside).

Quality was poor in the first half.

Schalk getting the limelight, and rightly so, but don't underestimate the contribution of MacKay, thought he was excellent tonight again, certainly deserving of a goal. They HAVE to be our go to striking partnership for the rest of the season.

Draper had one of his best games in a county shirt so far (wouldn't be difficult to be fair!) I thought.

Energy, motivation, bit more confidence, and aggression tonight. Could it be that we're watching a team that's actually actively being coached and encouraged, as opposed to what we had under OC? I suspect that may be the difference.

Due to a dodgy car radio reception and lack of phone signal, I didn't see the score until it was 3-0 warnock.png

County are obviously still in the shit but I just hope this isn't a false dawn like the Dundee humping. We've been disgustingly rancid for >90% of the season, it'd be absolutely criminal if we somehow got out of this mess.

Schalk is so fucking loveable (*anecdote about him and his entire extended family being on the Mount Florida to Glasgow Central train with the Central Staggies goes here*). He'll go through spells of being absolutely woeful, leathering one-on-ones straight at the keeper, or pinging sitters over the bar. But then he goes through bursts of scoring vital goals when it matters. How the f**k he's managed 11 league goals in this team is beyond me. 

Just in...you don't know what it was like man.

Archie can do the decent thing and resign. 

Half that team can do one too. Osman and Woods especially.

Still getting even money on Killie at the weekend? I might re-mortgage the gaff...

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Woods was at his Woodsiest.

I especially enjoyed the bit where he was embarrassingly dispossessed, so sat down 'injured', eventually gets up then limps about for a bit, waves his arms around in frustration in a kinda "why am I in this shit team" way. We have seen it all before. I have missed him so much.

8 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

I especially enjoyed the bit where he was embarrassingly dispossessed, so sat down 'injured', eventually gets up then limps about for a bit, waves his arms around in frustration in a kinda "why am I in this shit team" way. We have seen it all before. I have missed him so much.

Three seasons we had of that.

Meanwhile Jamie Lindsay gets stuck in with a smile on his face, and weighs a one-two better than Woods ever did. 

Archived