Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Must’ve been watching the 2018 Mets.
Honeymoon definitely over for Callaway. Some really weird moves by him recently that are not working. He's got Plawecki batting clean up tonight. 7 career home runs in like 3 seasons.

36 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
On 02/06/2018 at 18:31, k-ton said:
Must’ve been watching the 2018 Mets.

Honeymoon definitely over for Callaway. Some really weird moves by him recently that are not working. He's got Plawecki batting clean up tonight. 7 career home runs in like 3 seasons.

Yeah - the emergency team meeting after saying he doesn’t see the point in those, the public criticism of Conforto’s error.. can’t see how any of this is helping things internally.  

Feeling very sorry for deGrom right now! 

Ugly series for the Mets. Cubs rested Rizzo & Bryant last night and still squeak out a 2-0 victory to complete the 4-game sweep.

the 2 runs that scored - 1 was on a steal of home (on a pickoff attempt at 1b) and the other on a sac-fly caught by the 2Bman... Oof. 

Cubs have been playing better baseball the last 2 weeks, but both the Brewers and Cardinals look decent so likely to be a long fight in the NL Central this year

• 3 weeks later...

I always follow the draft and afterwards I'm never really sure why!

Phillies will be a lot later pick next year. First time on Sunday night baseball in years, they must be heating up.

The New York Mets are dog shit.
Alderson is away. Ostensibly for health reasons but I think it's quite telling that he's said he might not be back.

If anyone has to shoulder responsibility for the clusterfuck that is the empty farm system it's him.

22 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Alderson is away. Ostensibly for health reasons but I think it's quite telling that he's said he might not be back.

If anyone has to shoulder responsibility for the clusterfuck that is the empty farm system it's him.

Shit news for him, but hopefully a fresh start for the club. Wonder where that puts Callaway.

44 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
On 7/1/2018 at 13:38, k-ton said:
Now at .400. Not won a series since May. This is horrific. 

Season is well and truly over. If we're selling a pitcher I'd trade Syndergaard before DeGrom.

Agreed and agreed, though i guess they'll do whatever it takes to secure a decent bunch of prospects. Given that Syndergaard has been injured for ages and the team has utterly failed to back DeGrom, having a rotation of Wheeler, Matz, Vargas, Gsellman and Lugo would probably result in the same number of wins!  Might be as well to trade them both if it could secure 4 or 5 top prospects.

Agreed and agreed, though i guess they'll do whatever it takes to secure a decent bunch of prospects. Given that Syndergaard has been injured for ages and the team has utterly failed to back DeGrom, having a rotation of Wheeler, Matz, Vargas, Gsellman and Lugo would probably result in the same number of wins!  Might be as well to trade them both if it could secure 4 or 5 top prospects.

Yeah my thinking too. Syndergaard seems to be made of glass. Think the only drawback is he might have a year of extra arbitration compared to DeGrom. I'd also be looking at selling Cespedes for the same reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at The Tacoma Rainiers v Salt Lake Bees in the Triple-A Pacific Coast League today. It was a near sell out crowd on a gorgeous day and wevsawvsome great baseball played. My wife's friend brought her dad who wanted to sit next to me so he could fill me in on the details of the game since it was my first time. He was an absolute delight and enhanced my experience greatly. Despite the result, I had a great time and when we come to visit the in-laws in the future I'm sure we'll be back. We got our tickets today as part of a promotion and paid just $11 which included a stadium meal, a cap and a voucher for a Chick-fil-a meal. Absolutely outstanding value. If my father-in-law's contact comes through, we'll be at the Seattle Mariners game on Tuesday night as well, which I'm really looking forward to.
https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/tacoma-v-salt-lake/