Goalkeepers 91-92 Season Question

Cel123

Who was Back-up St Johnstone keeper for the 1991-92 i know Stewart Kennedy replaced Lindsay Hamilton New Years Days as he was suspended but that was only one game ??

Also who was back-up at Dunfermline to Andy Rhodes please ??

20 minutes ago, Cel123 said:

Who was Back-up St Johnstone keeper for the 1991-92 i know Stewart Kennedy replaced Lindsay Hamilton New Years Days as he was suspended but that was only one game ??

Also who was back-up at Dunfermline to Andy Rhodes please ??

John Hillcoat was No 2 at Dunfermline that season.

John Balavage, at the end of his career, was also on St. Johnstone's books that season (and the following one also).

I know the SFL Reviews listed Balavage in the squad but I'm pretty sure he left at the end of 1990/91, which would tie in with the post above. Stewart Kennedy played for the reserve team throughout 1991/92.

On 30/03/2018 at 23:06, Cel123 said:

Thanks for info according to wiki Hillcoat joined 1992 of that season and also John Balavage left to join Shettleston in 1991 of same season.

As far as I know, Hillcoat signed for Dunfermline from Gleniffer Thistle BC in 1989 but did not play a league game until 1992-93. Cheers for Balavage info!

• 1 month later...
I know the SFL Reviews listed Balavage in the squad but I'm pretty sure he left at the end of 1990/91, which would tie in with the post above. Stewart Kennedy played for the reserve team throughout 1991/92.
Almost certainly the case. Think back then, unless he was going to sign for anyone else, club's still held the players contracts, at least officially.

Archived