Queen’s v Airdrie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LonglivetheKING
21 hours ago, an86 said:

Not hopeful. Even when we’re doing well, Airdrie are usually an absolute bogey team. Will the away support be bringing any celebrity racists, or was this just a one off for the Alloa game?

Desperately poor "patter"

Do they award a "Worst man of the Match" ?

Conroy would have won easily, although the Q P guy who missed the penalty might have run him close!

The guy from Morton Lee Kilday, looked pretty solid (just what we need for next season) and seemed to organise the defence, better than usual.

Pretty grim game apart from the first 15 minutes of each half. Highlights for me were the worst penalty I’ve ever seen and the punch-up on the touch line which says it all. O’Neill probably deserved 2 red cards, one for the tackle and one for the punch. However, the QP player should have got a yellow.

A better result for us than for QP. We can almost relax now. Although it was difficult to identify players, I was impressed by the new centre back (if he was the player I was looking at!). For once, the defence didn’t panic under pressure in the last few minutes.

Do they award a "Worst man of the Match" ?
Conroy would have won easily, although the Q P guy who missed the penalty might have run him close!
The guy from Morton Lee Kilday, looked pretty solid (just what we need for next season) and seemed to organise the defence, better than usual.

We’ve no chance.

Kilday was composed and the standard of player I'd like to see at the club -good on Morton to give him us on the short term. Conroy was the same as last week - no leadership, no contribution, no legs.  Ross Brown didn't have much of a game against Raith but why wasnt there a straight swap for Conroy - even before the red?  

The penalty kick - Panenka fail - stupidity especially when your team are desperate for points.  And Chris O'Neil  - poor tackle but to then have a go and swing a punch - again stupidity - but we luckily got away with a point.

6 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Chrissy caught you’re ‘No 3’ right on the chin,the tackle wasn’t that bad just you’re players acted the way GM has always set his team up to get players sent off

Aye, mate. Gus set the team up so that one of your lads could half one of our players and then start flinging punches. :lol:

Some bizarre reports on here. Some Airdrie fans can barely see the pitch and others can count the punches in a melee in the opposite half. It was a brutal and unwarranted tackle which gave the initiative to Queen's at a critical time. Maybe you should focus on that fellas.

I recall Millen scoring from that audacious technique last season and QP fans delirious at the outcome. C'est la vie gents. As the vice-captain, Ross has a bit of maturing to do. He should revisit doing the basics right before trying out the circus act. Cleaning the boots of the development squad would give him time to reflect.

Felt like 2 points lost but I fear the highlights will show Airdrie had all the best attempts. That said, Airdrie's only player of note was the goalie so I might be wrong. The Karate Kid wasn't to know but putting his team at a disadvantage was the best thing he could do for his teammates. Played the game out with ease thanks to our predictable and repetitive tactics. Still, a point more than this morning despite missing a penalty and unable to use a spare man. We might make it yet.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Some bizarre reports on here. Some Airdrie fans can barely see the pitch and others can count the punches in a melee in the opposite half. It was a brutal and unwarranted tackle which gave the initiative to Queen's at a critical time. Maybe you should focus on that fellas.

I recall Millen scoring from that audacious technique last season and QP fans delirious at the outcome. C'est la vie gents. As the vice-captain, Ross has a bit of maturing to do. He should revisit doing the basics right before trying out the circus act. Cleaning the boots of the development squad would give him time to reflect.

Felt like 2 points lost but I fear the highlights will show Airdrie had all the best attempts. That said, Airdrie's only player of note was the goalie so I might be wrong. The Karate Kid wasn't to know but putting his team at a disadvantage was the best thing he could do for his teammates. Played the game out with ease thanks to our predictable and repetitive tactics. Still, a point more than this morning despite missing a penalty and unable to use a spare man. We might make it yet.

In my defence my bizarre report was a shit attempt at humour. I could clearly see  the pitch, the punch and the handbags melee that followed. 

The #3 dodged a bullet with his reaction, he could easily been walking up the tunnel and joining Chris in  the bath.

Rohan seems to be maturing well, although, we won't see the benefit!

Conroy was dire with his misplaced passes and free kicks...........

Archived