Queen’s v Airdrie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting fixture. The team with the worst home record versus the team with the worst away record. Goal difference also very similar for the same combination. So, a low scoring game with winner coming from individual excellence or individual error. And that's been a formula we've not had working in our favour too often.

Several fans at the Ayr game plus the coach on QPTV expressing disappointment at the players lack of gusto. It's not surprising. Confidence has long been low and it's that time of year when some players might be getting distracted by their future plans. What we can't see from the stands is those close looks when two opposing players are next to each other. If one looks empty, drained and giving up it gives strength and ambition to the other. So this Saturday I'd settle for eleven players who want to win. Not just the game but every single tackle, header, 50-50 and play right to the end. And in the first minute look your oppo in the eye and let him know your better than him. Then we can win.

7 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Genuine question I never thought I’d need to ask but do I need to prove it unemployed to get in the unemployed gate?

I would take a guess at yeah or anyone could say that

Interesting fixture. The team with the worst home record versus the team with the worst away record. Goal difference also very similar for the same combination. So, a low scoring game with winner coming from individual excellence or individual error. And that's been a formula we've not had working in our favour too often.

Several fans at the Ayr game plus the coach on QPTV expressing disappointment at the players lack of gusto. It's not surprising. Confidence has long been low and it's that time of year when some players might be getting distracted by their future plans. What we can't see from the stands is those close looks when two opposing players are next to each other. If one looks empty, drained and giving up it gives strength and ambition to the other. So this Saturday I'd settle for eleven players who want to win. Not just the game but every single tackle, header, 50-50 and play right to the end. And in the first minute look your oppo in the eye and let him know your better than him. Then we can win.

Perhaps unfair in that the quick hat trick did for us. The spirit at Stranraer was in sharp contrast.

Airdrie are decidedly poorer than last year and really don't have much to play for. Lots depending on Keena, Burns and Galt plus the defence being a bit sounder than last week.

Home win!

Not hopeful. Even when we’re doing well, Airdrie are usually an absolute bogey team. Will the away support be bringing any celebrity racists, or was this just a one off for the Alloa game?

Not hopeful. Even when we’re doing well, Airdrie are usually an absolute bogey team. Will the away support be bringing any celebrity racists, or was this just a one off for the Alloa game?

Heard that Mel Gibson will be in attendance.

7 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

images%20(1).jpeg

Oh dear. That is an incredibly weak response. A man outed as a racist in the 2010s, wearing a Queen’s Park top in the early 90s. Airdrie fans dancing around and hero worshipping a racist last week. Getting back to the initial query, is there going to be a celebrity appearance? Jim Davidson or Nick Griffin, perhaps?

Disgusting treatment of young Magee. Gus is an absolute disgrace . Dumps the defender due to his mismanagement of games to play the young lad in. Then brings in a 16 year old forward. Embarrassing the man is a disgrace. Ali miller excellent in 20s game does not even get on the bench but a boy that played 15 mins does. I really don't want him in charge of my team anymore. His treatment of all players is a disgrace. If we go down watch the exodus but hopefully he leads it. 

Oh dear. That is an incredibly weak response. A man outed as a racist in the 2010s, wearing a Queen’s Park top in the early 90s. Airdrie fans dancing around and hero worshipping a racist last week. Getting back to the initial query, is there going to be a celebrity appearance? Jim Davidson or Nick Griffin, perhaps?
Doubt it. Good luck.

1 minute ago, stuartcraig said:

What’s the story on the O’Neill sending off and subsequent hand bags?

Shocker of a tackle and looked like he raised his hands in the fracas. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:33, Chapelhall chap said:

The games have been close and it will be as you said. We have already signed many of the squad so maybe they will show real effort. I predict a draw and hope Forfar and Albion lose. Hate the views at Hampton.

For once this season I managed to get my prediction and hopes correct. As to the game it was largely dire which might be unsurprising as both sides play like bottom of the league teams. There were a few good passages of play from both sides with some fairly decent saves from both goalies; the view always spoils the experience so that you can't always recognise which players did what move/a mistake. Yet again what looked like a soft penalty should have seen QP take the lead but this one was worse than the one missed earlier in the season. Thought Airdrie dominated the first 20 minutes of second half and the chance that hit the post did have me on my feet for perhaps the only time. After that it was largely QP especially after the deserved Red card for O'Neill although the QP player reaction might also have been worthy of a yellow. I saw O'Neill suffer a similar challenge on him at Alloa but his touchline behaviour today meant he could have  no complaints. Will watch highlights no doubt to see what the rammy looked like. Our Captain and signed on again leader failed to get three free kicks into any danger area and was poor but we did defend quit well in that last 10 minutes of predictable QP moves. Adam brown did mark the space quite well when he came on but chances to break out were squandered by poor passing. Just glad we look as if we are safe after the other results but apart from the guys already signed ( not all my choices) I cant see many of that side get new contracts. Did think that Kilday and McGregor looked a good pairing and McGregor did his job well. I like the QP CB no 5 and was quite impressed by the No 10 up front but I suspect QP fans will have a difficult few weeks coming up but at least it looks as if the SFA are about to rescue your future financial position?

Archived