Queen’s v Airdrie

11 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

re. penalty. Someone asked why Cummins didn't take it. Probably because he missed his last one. Keena of course missed at Stranraer so it was back to Millen who has a decent success rate. As BYOS says he dinked a beauty at Methil last season to win us a vital 3 points. He also did a similar at Berwick in the league cup and also in the Scottish Cup shoot out v Ayr, so we I can't say I was surprised he tried it again yesterday. Problem is you look a right tit when you make an arse of it. I'd give the next one to Burns. Did it when it mattered in a play off final when nobody else fancied it. 

Let's also not forget that Keena missed an absolute sitter just before that when clean through. Really poor finish by the high standards he has previously set. 

There’s a touch of narcissism when it comes to dinking penalties. It becomes more about the individual than the team. Having said that, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of individual flair and trying to entertain the punters. There’s a time and a place for that, but that time is not when you’re bottom of the league in a must win game at the fag end of the season. He let his teammates, the supporters and the club down. I can’t think of a time when I’ve been angrier with a Queen’s Park player.

Keena wasn’t great yesterday, but young lads will have off days like that. We can’t be relying on a teenager to rescue us all the time. If we’d got our noses in front, it’d have given everyone a lift. However, showboating antics put paid to that. A disgrace. I wonder if he’s got a deal lined up and he’s just not giving a f**k. Even his reaction after missing was pretty nonplussed. If he wants to f**k about and be his own man, I’m happy to see him sit in the stand or playing his Xbox on Saturday afternoons between now and the end of the season.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He obviously has pace and skill .... I just get frustrated at what I interpret via his languid body language as a lack of work rate defensively .

Not sure about the pace bit just Airdrie no 4 made him look quicker than he really is! I thought he had one of his better days yesterday agree his body language doesn’t do him any favours but he did look as if he was working harder
Also thought Fotheringham had a decent game and McVey was good when he came on...

43 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

must admit I had a bad feeling about the penalty when the goal celebration music started playing as soon as the penalty was awarded.

Aye. A farcical few moments all round. 

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Wasn't just penalties he applied that too...:rolleyes:

That is how it should still be.

And that wasn't the only time he chased an opposition player around the park. 

On another note, as has already been mentioned the view is crap at Hampden, and you are to far away from the pitch. QP games should be played at Lesser Hampden and now that you will be coming into a bit of money, maybe spend a few quid on a roof and some extra seats. :thumsup2

Archived