Stranraer -v- Forfar Athletic

Any Loonatics making the trek?
Hopefully everyones fit and we can get a run going now. Stranraer are coming off a great recovery last week and will be after revenge.
Fancy us to grind it out 2-1

Win this and if QP and Rovers lose you're looking at a 7/8 point lead with only12 points still on the table. That said if your aunty had baws she'd be your uncle etc etc. Think goal diff is worth a point on QP as well.

Swithering on this but will probably miss it. Pity, been one of my favourite away games in the last few years (results apart). Enjoy the trip down and have taken my dad down with me a couple of times.
Huge game (as they all are) but 3 points on Saturday (and results elsewhere) could give our survival bid a massive boost, which, after the poor start we made, would be incredible given the shit manager and unrelated but extensive injury list we've had to deal with at times.

17 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Swithering on this but will probably miss it. Pity, been one of my favourite away games in the last few years (results apart). Enjoy the trip down and have taken my dad down with me a couple of times.
Huge game (as they all are) but 3 points on Saturday (and results elsewhere) could give our survival bid a massive boost, which, after the poor start we made, would be incredible given the shit manager and unrelated but extensive injury list we've had to deal with at times.

I agree, avoiding relegation would be incredible considering what's happened this season, we are not there yet but tomorrow feels like a free shot for survival considering Rovers are at Raith, i wasn't convinced about bringing Weir in (have watched some of the worst games for a long time this season) but have to give him the credit if we stay up.

Win this and if QP and Rovers lose you're looking at a 7/8 point lead with only12 points still on the table. That said if your aunty had baws she'd be your uncle etc etc. Think goal diff is worth a point on QP as well.

Have you had that awkward chat with aunty yet?

Mustn't lose I would say.  Results pretty much went in our favour again elsewhere, no major damage done today.

Important thing is Albion Rovers can't go above us next Sat regardless of result had they got a point today a win next Sat would have put us 2nd bottom on GD. Pressure is back on them.

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Important thing is Albion Rovers can't go above us next Sat regardless of result had they got a point today a win next Sat would have put us 2nd bottom on GD. Pressure is back on them.

Lose next week and i can see us only winning one game after.......may not be enough.

Safety guaranteed for another season and tbh I will settle for that bearing in mind the troubles we had a couple of months ago.

Think the play offs have gone now.

So proud of our young team and our manager who is honest win or lose.

Lets hope we can push on next season but whatever PROUD TO BE A BLUE!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

10 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Was pivotal to try get at least a point today, disappointing result!
Next week moves to potentially the biggest game of the season so far, absolutely must win next weekend, despite us having the easier run in on paper!

As mentioned previously,  it really isn't a must win.  If we were to play against QP and AR in the next two games and drew both draw  we'd still be above them, irrespective of how either team got on on in the other game.  It would still be up to us to throw it away or not.

Being honest, if we lose next week, the whole thing is still in our hands.

Archived