Scottish Cup Semi Draw

Shanner

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see someone still has an interest in the premier competition in our grade, the competition we all set out to win at the start of the season, and we are now down to four sets of fans still hoping to win the big one 

31 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Hopefully we can discuss the semi finals without it turning into a pyramid fest as the usual suspects will have no interest in this thread.

Dear me..........

Anyway great to see Wishaw in there, regular pre-season opponents and a friendly, well run club with good people involved. Good luck to them.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Anyway great to see Wishaw in there, regular pre-season opponents and a friendly, well run club with good people involved. Good luck to them.

Lovely to hear such sentiments and I just hope Wishy do the smaller clubs proud (again) against Hurlford. As you say, just fantastic to be in the draw, all the other three teams have been in the final in the 21st century (that Hurlford triumph over Glenafton in 2015 looks incredibly impressive), it was the 19th century the last time Wishaw made it (and have a 100% record there thanks to the win over Maryhill), I will be sorely tempted if they do get through to re-create that great day by turning up in the finest fashions of 1888!

I watched the Hurlford v Bo'ness replay on another thread (the nightmare scenario I had in my head over the last 15 minutes or so of the Rob Roy game unfolded there for Bo'ness) and they look one mighty side (my personal preference from the draw would have been Lochee, if only to renew an old acquaintance with the Deep Sea chippy in Dundee should it still exist), if Wishy are still in things anywhere near the end of the 2nd game I will be sweating buckets. 

Anyway, wonderful even to be contemplating playing the semis. Good luck to both sides and let's hope the bell isn't tolling for Wishy!

Lovely to hear such sentiments and I just hope Wishy do the smaller clubs proud (again) against Hurlford. As you say, just fantastic to be in the draw, all the other three teams have been in the final in the 21st century (that Hurlford triumph over Glenafton in 2015 looks incredibly impressive), it was the 19th century the last time Wishaw made it (and have a 100% record there thanks to the win over Maryhill), I will be sorely tempted if they do get through to re-create that great day by turning up in the finest fashions of 1888!

I watched the Hurlford v Bo'ness replay on another thread (the nightmare scenario I had in my head over the last 15 minutes or so of the Rob Roy game unfolded there for Bo'ness) and they look one mighty side (my personal preference from the draw would have been Lochee, if only to renew an old acquaintance with the Deep Sea chippy in Dundee should it still exist), if Wishy are still in things anywhere near the end of the 2nd game I will be sweating buckets. 

Anyway, wonderful even to be contemplating playing the semis. Good luck to both sides and let's hope the bell isn't tolling for Wishy!

The deep sea chippy has gone bud.

Sold out to spinks of Arbroath the fishmonger who opened as the tailend restaurant.

Very nice but doubled the price.

Possibly a bit posh for you chaps requiring a white pudding with fritters.

I'm sure the Talbot fans will have a great day in Dundee and the Logie recreation club is certainly one of the better places for a pre (and post) match drink. It's within walking distance of the ground for the younger and fitter fans (although not the closest boozer) and was recommended to us from the Lochee committee when we met them previously in the Scottish cup. Try it. You won't regret it. Great grub too.

1 hour ago, The'FORD said:

I'm sure the Talbot fans will have a great day in Dundee and the Logie recreation club is certainly one of the better places for a pre (and post) match drink. It's within walking distance of the ground for the younger and fitter fans (although not the closest boozer) and was recommended to us from the Lochee committee when we met them previously in the Scottish cup. Try it. You won't regret it. Great grub too.

We had 3 or 4 buses in there the last time we were up they even had to delay the bingo until the fans left for the game

Bit surprised to see Wishaw in the semis after seeing them go 2-0 down to Downfield in the first 10 minutes in Dundee. They looked pretty hopeless, but all credit to them for fighting back and getting this far. Would love to see a Lochee-Wishaw final. 

7 hours ago, ForzaWishy said:

If you turn up dressed like that folk will think you're on the Wishy committee,Forza. :huh: 

50 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Bit surprised to see Wishaw in the semis after seeing them go 2-0 down to Downfield in the first 10 minutes in Dundee. They looked pretty hopeless, but all credit to them for fighting back and getting this far. Would love to see a Lochee-Wishaw final. 

To be fair, Wishaw weren't at their best in the first game against Downfield....... they were, however, more like themselves in the replay, winning it, as they did, 5-1....... a game in which I'm sure that Downfield would say maybe wasn't their best performance!? ;)

Archived