Scottish Cup Semi Draw

Shanner

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Would be interested to hear where the lochee fans think it should be if they get through. 

Been a wee while since a team that far north and east has made it. 

If Lochee meet Hurlford in the final and it's in Killie.Two hours doon the road for some fans.Two minutes for others.Then we'll get the war cry. It's the only pitch available routine.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Lochee meet Hurlford in the final and it's in Killie.Two hours doon the road for some fans.Two minutes for others.Then we'll get the war cry. It's the only pitch available routine.

Ian Green said after the Ford - Bo'ness replay that the final would be at Falkirk if Lochee got thru.

Thanks very much for this, puts my mind at rest, can't imagine the god fearing folk of Ayrshire and Lanarkshire wanting a Sunday game, especially not the first leg when up against the other semi on in Glasgow that afternoon.
Looking forward to the matches with a mix of anticipation and trepidation, I've seen Alan Jenkins play a number of times over recent years with Ballymena and if he takes part will be a real menace (especially at set pieces) as the Bo'ness match showed. Anyway, just hope Wishy are still in it by the time they get to Hurlford. Thanks again!

Aye. Looking forward to it. Semi final is a great occasion, we've been lucky enough that this is our fourth in five seasons, although we've only progressed once so far. In hindsight I actually enjoyed our second leg victory over the Medda more than the final in 2014, and it's strange to think we were the wee team that everybody wished well that year.

What a pleasure reading a thread about Junior Football for a change.

Wishaw were the first ever team I saw playing a football match over 50 years ago and I've always had a soft spot for them because of that. Hopefully they do the town proud win or lose.

18 hours ago, ForzaWishy said:

Bringing the focus back to the semis, and I'm afraid this query reflects my ignorance of this stage of the tournament since the 2 leg ties came in (I think I've only ever attended one semi-final in the early 1980s when Blantryre Vics won at the old Douglas Park), can the 2 games kick off on the same day at the same time? I see on one of the Hurlford sites both the Wishy games are billed as on Saturdays 14 and 21 April and the Lochee v Talbot game is also scheduled for the 14th. Makes complete sense as any game on that Sunday would be dwarfed by yon Old Firm malarkey but in my naivety when I saw the semis listed as 14/15 and 21/22 April I initially thought that meant one had to be on the Saturday and one on the Sunday.

I'm making my travel arrangements now so just wanted to be sure that I don't screw up, with Wishy having waited 80 odd years for a semi-final I don't want to miss out  through my own stupidity! On reflection, given that telly isn't a factor here, no reason why they shouldn't kick off at the same time but including those Sunday dates in the billing still worries me. Confirmation that the games are all on the Saturdays would be much appreciated.

10 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I think the clubs have the option of playing on the Sundays, it's not like the seniors where one game is Saturday and one on Sunday. I think Glenafton v Camelon 2nd leg in 2014 was on a Sunday, but i cant recall any others in the last 5 year.

I have been told by our chairman that both our games with Wishaw are on the Saturday. Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, ForzaWishy said:

Thanks very much for this, puts my mind at rest, can't imagine the god fearing folk of Ayrshire and Lanarkshire wanting a Sunday game, especially not the first leg when up against the other semi on in Glasgow that afternoon.

Looking forward to the matches with a mix of anticipation and trepidation, I've seen Alan Jenkins play a number of times over recent years with Ballymena and if he takes part will be a real menace (especially at set pieces) as the Bo'ness match showed. Anyway, just hope Wishy are still in it by the time they get to Hurlford. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, archieb said:

What happened to the implementation of Cup Rule #16 from the  SJFA Rulebook?

The West Region has a full set of fixtures scheduled for both Saturdays 14th and 21st of April.

Surely either the semifinals should have been scheduled for Sundays 15th and 22nd, or the other fixtures need to be postponed/moved.

That'll cheer up the WSJFA fixtures guy :lol:

I'm a bit surprised nobody's picked up on my point just above!

Imagine the SJFA breaking it's own rules! Who'd have thunk it?

I think these rules haven't been updated since the Friday night semi finals and actually it's worse than you stated as the actual rule is:

"16. On dates fixed for the Semi-Finals and Final of the Scottish Junior Cup no games shall take place within a 25 mile radius of the venue of such games and no games shall take place in any of the Regions from which the competing Clubs come."

Just shows you what a shambles the SJFA is. New blood needed.

2 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Imagine the SJFA breaking it's own rules! Who'd have thunk it?

I think these rules haven't been updated since the Friday night semi finals and actually it's worse than you stated as the actual rule is:

"16. On dates fixed for the Semi-Finals and Final of the Scottish Junior Cup no games shall take place within a 25 mile radius of the venue of such games and no games shall take place in any of the Regions from which the competing Clubs come."

Just shows you what a shambles the SJFA is. New blood needed.

Exactly!

The SJFA isn't even in tune with its own Regional organisations, never mind its member clubs.

Shambles indeed :wacko:

1 hour ago, santheman said:

It's one of those rules that are frequently overlooked due to the power of discretion by the League Secretary and the Management Committee

... but I wouldn't put it past the SJFA to fine every club that goes ahead and plays its fixture ...

10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

He was playing in a charity game

saw this elsewhere, may very well be bollocks but why would anyone bother with such a pointless wind up?

"Lochee United are delighted to announce the signing of ex-Dundee forward Fabian Caballero. The club moved quickly to sign the Argentine striker prior to the transfer deadline, when they learned of Fabian's intention to move back to Dundee. With Bryan Dealsey still working back to full fitness following injury and Connor Birse a doubt after limping out of yesterday's game, Fabian goes straight into the squad for the Scottish Cup Semi Final against Auchinleck Talbot next weekend. Fabian is pictured with club officials Tom McMillan and Larry Duncan."

I did, on the thread titled mileage. Rule 16 does not apply if semis are played over 2 legs. This bit is right at the end of the cup competition rules.

In the event of ties being played on a home and away basis:
1. The aggregate score will determine the winner.
2. If the teams’ cumulative scores are even after the second
90 minutes, the overall outcome will be decided by penalty
kick system.
3. In the event of the tie being played over 2 games, Rule 16,
page 17, will not apply.
4.The first drawn club in each Semi Final will play at home
in the first game.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I did, on the thread titled mileage. Rule 16 does not apply if semis are played over 2 legs. This bit is right at the end of the cup competition rules.

In the event of ties being played on a home and away basis:
1. The aggregate score will determine the winner.
2. If the teams’ cumulative scores are even after the second
90 minutes, the overall outcome will be decided by penalty
kick system.
3. In the event of the tie being played over 2 games, Rule 16,
page 17, will not apply.
4.The first drawn club in each Semi Final will play at home
in the first game.

I saw your post.

That's typical of the clumsy way the SJFA rules are written in places, It would have been SO much more helpful to have amended Rule 16.

Archived