Falkirk V Brechin

Second half was brutal to watch, especially after the third went in. I did not initially think either of the reds were justified....the second was an absolute joke. However, both Smiths could have had red cards prior. The outfield one should have had three yellows in the first half imo.

Quite happy it was an uneventful second half as we saved a bit of energy for QOS on Tuesday. That match is now a must win to set us up for a potential play off eliminator against the Pars on Saturday.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was not sure about the 2nd red at first but after getting shown a picture of the tackle it looked like a nasty tackle. 

Could you post the picture? I thought the first red was an absolute shocker of a tackle, could easily have broken Jakubiaks legs, second favourite to win the ball, had a few seconds to think about it then steamed in with the tackle anyway.

I wasn’t sure about the second either, didn’t look like there was any malice in it, just tried to stop Jakubiak breaking up the park by swiping the legs away from him, would need to see it again.

Initial thoughts is that both reds should have been yellows at best, particularly Pabs. Will be interesting to see the footage.

Makes no odds anyway as we were fucking shite prior to that anyway.

This is just unbearable now, it’s actually painful to watch. Please walk Dods or get rid ffs. We are becoming a joke outfit. There is not one supporter behind him anymore so why isn’t he away?!

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Could you post the picture? I thought the first red was an absolute shocker of a tackle, could easily have broken Jakubiaks legs, second favourite to win the ball, had a few seconds to think about it then steamed in with the tackle anyway.

I wasn’t sure about the second either, didn’t look like there was any malice in it, just tried to stop Jakubiak breaking up the park by swiping the legs away from him, would need to see it again.

Picture will presumably be on the Falkirk website shortly. I took it and showed it to a couple of friends in hospitality afterwards. Basically the Brechin boy went in studs up knee high.

I spoke to Alex about it after the game. He said the first one was a stonewaller, but thought the second might have been a bit harsh. I suspect that's because he wasn't looking at the player and so had no idea if there was intent or not. He did say it left him with a cut and bruising on his knee.

Guest Back Post Misses
Initial thoughts is that both reds should have been yellows at best, particularly Pabs. Will be interesting to see the footage.

Makes no odds anyway as we were fucking shite prior to that anyway.

This is just unbearable now, it’s actually painful to watch. Please walk Dods or get rid ffs. We are becoming a joke outfit. There is not one supporter behind him anymore so why isn’t he away?!

The first tackle was a fuckin assault.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Picture will presumably be on the Falkirk website shortly. I took it and showed it to a couple of friends in hospitality afterwards. Basically the Brechin boy went in studs up knee high.

I spoke to Alex about it after the game. He said the first one was a stonewaller, but thought the second might have been a bit harsh. I suspect that's because he wasn't looking at the player and so had no idea if there was intent or not. He did say it left him with a cut and bruising on his knee.

It's about time our experienced centre half behaved like a centre half .  

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Studs up into the side of Jakubiaks knee, I didn’t think it was as bad as this looks at the time. Can’t complain about the red card after seeing this.

I reckon Pabs' foot bounced up off that surface . ...................Mind you gloves and high socks deserves a kick. 

Studs up into the side of Jakubiaks knee, I didn’t think it was as bad as this looks at the time. Can’t complain about the red card after seeing this.

Can’t tell from that picture if his foot is rising after catching Jak or if it’s where he caught him. Sure the highlights will help to clarify later...

44 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Erm...

Agreed. The time for “becoming” is long past. Brechin can now consider themselves fully realised.

Only consolation is they still have time to drag another Championship side down into the joke with them, but the field is narrowing by the week.

Actually, what Brechin are really crying out for is a game against themselves, but it would probably be a draw.

Archived