Bargain Booze on brink of collapse

I went into one in Liverpool once, all the booze was behind plexiglass, you had to press a button to let the shop assistant know what you wanted, then put your money through a wee drawer before they put your cans and change back.

Guest Moomintroll

Major panic behind the scenes at the moment as a lot of companies are scrambling to get alternative suppliers. Looks like the company i'm with are going to do well out of it.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I went into one in Liverpool once, all the booze was behind plexiglass, you had to press a button to let the shop assistant know what you wanted, then put your money through a wee drawer before they put your cans and change back.

So the clientele was mainly aggressive alcoholics and you were shopping there? Tells a tale.

Or was it just the Liverpool store that was like that. Again, tells a tale. Liverpool is a hive of scum and villainy. And whiny nasal voices. 

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

So the clientele was mainly aggressive alcoholics and you were shopping there? Tells a tale.

Or was it just the Liverpool store that was like that. Again, tells a tale. Liverpool is a hive of scum and villainy. And whiny nasal voices. 

Loads of shops in Liverpool are like that.

I was in one and a wee scheme rat heard my accent and asked if I was from Ireland. I said no, I was from Scotland. He asked if that was in Ireland.

On 3/29/2018 at 13:39, stuthejag said:

Also trade as Wine Rack and own large distribution company Matthew Clark who delivers to Weatherspoons

Remember when Zavvi when bust after their suppliers did?

Would be a real shame if that happened to Wetherspoons.

Most carry out shops are like this in Liverpool

Guest Moomintroll
Scotmid own about 20% of bargain booze if my memory is correct.
It wont be that much, the Matthew Clark wholesale side of the business serving pubcos is larger than the original core Bargain Booze side supplying franchisees. That said Scotmid will be heavily exposed in all this and will be in for a rough time sorting their side of it out.

A true story. I wouldn't know if we have any in dundee.

Is there not one (or something similar) on the Lochee Road???

Archived