FIFA World Cup build up thread

I’m looking forward to that as well. One of the highlights from the last World Cup was Jonathan Pearce’s head exploding over a simple thing like goal line technology so f**k knows how he’ll manage to cope with VAR.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't watch much Premier League, but I thought the consensus was that he had been very good playing there this season?

Aye, he’s been one of United’s best players, some turnaround from the guy.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sure there are plenty of other alternatives but here's the guardian's team-by-team guide to the tournament

individual player pics, international stats and a brief biog of every single competitor - just enough to be able to have a look at the main characters before games between relative unknowns and give you enough info to sound very informed down the pub - for instance, Peru's Luis Advíncula is officially the second-fastest player (based on stats accumulated during actual matches) in the world, after gareth bale - but he can actually claim superiority on the basis of not having a fucking stupid man bun and a face like a chimpanzee; and not being welsh...

Archived