Keep/release still undecided?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Kidd started to win over the Falkirk fans?

When played in midfield he's quite a tidy wee player, wouldn't be too upset if we kept him but only as a squad player as I think we need better 1-11. He's not got the pace or defensive capabilities to play full back/wing back for me though.

I wouldn't quite happily drive to Falkirk to pick him up for our RB position. He's a better player than our current options by some distance. He wasn't superb but I never thought he was a bombscare.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Keep:

Mitchell (as back up)

Muirhead

McGee

Robson

Sibbald

Kidd

Taiwo

Longridge

Loanees:

Jakubiak (keep if Possible)

Nelson (keep if possible)

Everyone else thank you and goodbye.

I'd add in Peter Grant for looks but apart from that I'd have to agree. Always exciting when you have the prospect of 3-4 new strikers in one window.

I’d love to keep the majority of our squad together, regardless of the division we’re in. Of course, there’s a few who I think would get really found out in the top flight but equally, we have more than a few who I think could develop into decent players there. Whether or not that’s with us will probably be decided by the end of May/June.

As far as our loans go, we’ve only seen glimpses of Frizzell but he looks a skilful player who has a fair bit of drive about him; he seems to be highly rated at Killie so seems fairly unlikely he’ll be staying here beyond the summer. Hardie’s impact speaks for itself, if we signed him permanently come the summer regardless of division that’d be a real coup in my opinion; again, he’s highly rated so would be surprised to see him here beyond the summer.

Thompson has been a competent, if uninspiring signing, I think we could do better and I wouldn’t want us to go out our way to make his stay a permanent one. Steven Boyd seems to have disappeared from our official site, and our bench, all together, so I imagine he’s away back to Hamilton. To say he was underwhelming would be an understatement.

AFAIK both Lee Miller and now Keaghan Jacobs are signed up for next year, I think Jack McMillan is too. I’m hoping we’re waiting to confirm a play-off place so we can announce some contract extensions.

KEEP:

Leighfield (adequate backup keeper),  Marshall,  Fordyce,  Jacobs,  Dobbie, Danny (if he can prove he's fit)

LOANEES:

Try and sign Thomson or get back on loan.  Thomas,  no thanks, doesn't impress me.  Beerman,  is he even still here?  Cameron,  another failure for me. 

BIN: 

The Management Team and every other player. 

Robinson - keep

Murdoch - under contract

Gill - under contract

Williamson - under contract

Ashcroft - must keep

Morris - keep

M’Voto - keep

Martin - keep

Talbot - release

Wedderburn - release

Shiels - release

Beadling - keep (if possible)

Vincent - keep

Craigen - keep

Aird - keep

Cardle - not fussed

Higginbotham - not fussed

Ryan - under contract

Smith - under contract

Clark - keep

McManus - keep

If the above list were to happen (which I doubt), I’d like to see us sign a new winger, assuming we keep either Cardle or Higginbotham - if they leave, we’ll need 2.

Full back competition is a necessity. Need someone for when Williamson/Martin have poor runs of form.

Central midfielders are another must sign. If Beadling doesn’t stay (I doubt he will), then we need a couple of defensive midfielders, that don’t have the same mobility issues as Wedderburn.

Edit - forgot about Paton, Duthie & Splaine, who can all leave. Think it’s fairly obvious Paton will leave, given he hasn’t been in the match day squad since around January and I forgot he was still with us.

On 09/04/2018 at 14:29, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't quite happily drive to Falkirk to pick him up for our RB position. He's a better player than our current options by some distance. He wasn't superb but I never thought he was a bombscare.

He had a wee flurry in midfield and linked well with Sibbald, I think since we have Longridge sand dancing in the midfield its not quite been the same and resulted him being dropped. I thot he did better in his late appearance at wing back than Tumility. Id agree on many of your fans point 2 yr or so ago that Kidd is more a wing back and not a full back, he struggled at full back for us.

Id agree with Shagger, wouldnt be angry if we kept him as a squad player

Archived