Dumbarton v Livi

If I see this line up announced on the way to the game, I’ll probably do a U-turn tbh.

Why? Shored up defense after a drubbing. Decent wingers with pace up top. Most teams will have the bulk of the play, so carsy and Hutton to break it up and catch them on the break with our pace?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Why? Shored up defense after a drubbing. Decent wingers with pace up top. Most teams will have the bulk of the play, so carsy and Hutton to break it up and catch them on the break with our pace?

If nothing else, you are optimistic!

:P

If your classing Froxy as a decent winger then your clearly on the wind up. I wouldn’t even have him in my starting 11. He’s an impact sub at best.

I think Froxy is harshly judged because he doesn’t smack in a wondergoal or put in a 10/10 performance every week. He’s still done more than almost every other attacking player in the squad combined (with a few exceptions, mainly Tom Walsh between September and December) and fully deserves to be in the team based on his ability to create something out of nothing. Pretty much our only way of scoring at the moment.

I do agree however that he’s not a winger. Play him as a 10 or a second striker, and get guys with legs and pace to man the wings. Ideally Stirling and Burt.

Assuming Stewart isn’t fit this weekend I’d start Calum Gallagher up front. He’s more effective than Nisbet or Beany in that role - even if he only scores against part-time teams.

2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

This is probably the best game possible to have your 2 best CBs out suspended to be honest. I also don't care if it is folk having a laugh (I expect it should be) but I think Livi can lose the "Dumbarton always cause us troubles" etc chat after the previous meetings this season. The only one we look remotely okay was the 2-1 game in September, but that seems soooo long ago now though...

Afro is always on the cautious side of things fearing the worst. He'd have a point going on past seasons but both Livi and Dumbarton are different teams this season, we've never been this high up the table since we came back down into the 2nd tier, and Dumbarton are the worst I've seen them since they came up into the Championship. 

Still, you can't take anything for granted and our defence is going to be makeshift, but we still should manage to get a win here, Hardie is almost a shoe in for at least one goal and if we score first I think we'll win comfortably.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Afro is always on the cautious side of things fearing the worst. He'd have a point going on past seasons but both Livi and Dumbarton are different teams this season, we've never been this high up the table since we came back down into the 2nd tier, and Dumbarton are the worst I've seen them since they came up into the Championship. 

Still, you can't take anything for granted and our defence is going to be makeshift, but we still should manage to get a win here, Hardie is almost a shoe in for at least one goal and if we score first I think we'll win comfortably.

If you score you'll win comfortably. If you don't we will draw.

Just now, squeezeboxson said:

If you score you'll win comfortably. If you don't we will draw.

:lol:

Not confident of Dumbarton winning then?

Only consolation i'd get from you beating us is it would hopefully close the gap on Falkirk for you to put them into the play offs, that would also hinge on Brechin actually winning a fucking game though so kinda fucks that up.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

:lol:

Not confident of Dumbarton winning then?

Only consolation i'd get from you beating us is it would hopefully close the gap on Falkirk for you to put them into the play offs, that would also hinge on Brechin actually winning a fucking game though so kinda fucks that up.

I'm, generally speaking, one of the more upbeat guys on here as well :thumsup2  I think Brechin have more chance of winning now they are relegated. But you just never know.

If it were me, id be playing a 4-5-1 so id go for

Alexander
McMillan Gallagher Buchanan Longridge

De Vita Jacobs Byrne Pittman Cadden

Hardie

If we utilise that I reckon we could score then revert to 442 later in the game with Miller on for De Vita as Hoppy loves a De Vita sub.

Really think we will struggle without our two best defenders ,Longridge is a time bomb ,McMillan is a decent replacement so it all depends on the formation Hopkins puts out ,anyway the best way to defend is to attack attack attack ...go for it Livi 

Handling and Russell out.

I'd like to see us try Walsh through the middle again, our best spell this season was with him in there. Stewart starting would be the preferable option but if he's still not fit I'd rather Gallagher over Nesbit. Aye, I said it, your eyes are not deceiving you.

A right hand side of Froxy and Smith is far too exposed so Stirling and Burt wide with Froxy on the bench.

Archived