East Fife vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, fiferjon said:

Aye Raith and Ayr to big for League 1 sort of agree with that. But one of yous will remain here next season So which one will go part time next season?

I think whoever finishes second will have a decent chance at the playoffs to be honest.

If we stay down though and go part time I'd still like to think we can win the league by being best of a part time league.

I think whoever finishes second will have a decent chance at the playoffs to be honest.
If we stay down though and go part time I'd still like to think we can win the league by being best of a part time league.

Airdrie will still be full time though and much stronger than they are this year.

I still think Raith would stay full time and gamble on winning the league rather than go part time.

I thought Airdrie were part time. My mistake.

In any case, if we don't go up we will have failed in a playoff containing three part time teams so it would be a difficult argument to stay full time, in my view. It's fine as a one off gamble buy only so many times can be done.

I thought Airdrie were part time. My mistake.
In any case, if we don't go up we will have failed in a playoff containing three part time teams so it would be a difficult argument to stay full time, in my view. It's fine as a one off gamble buy only so many times can be done.

Trouble is, as we've proved, go part time and you can get stuck at this level.

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Trouble is, as we've proved, go part time and you can get stuck at this level.

True, but without having intimate knowledge of our finances I would imagine that there's only so long we could run a full time operation in this league. I'd rather we cut our cloth accordingly and operate to a level that is financially feasible. If that's full time, great. If not then so be it.

2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Airdrie will still be full time though and much stronger than they are this year.

I still think Raith would stay full time and gamble on winning the league rather than go part time.

Airdrie are a hybrid heading back to PT

5 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Raith twice at somerset

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Raith, East Fife or Stranraer all terrible.

4 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Raith in all four games haven’t impressed me although the two games at Somerset they were awful. You wouldn’t have thought they were in a title race at all.

Honourable mentions go to Stranraer, East Fife and Alloa.

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

Outside the 2 Raith games, the worst i've seen were Stranraer at Stair Park at New Year, then East Fife at Somerset in February. Both of those games I came away assuming both those sides would be in freefall - East Fife won their next 3 games and i'm sure Stranraer had a couple of big wins soon after as well which shows what I know!

Come to think of it, Raith then went on a long winning run after the November game, and are showing signs of doing so again now haha.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Raith at Somerset are the worst, East Fife home and away haven't really looked any good though. 

Does not surprise me. Our away form is very poor.

1 minute ago, east fife for life said:
4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Aye, c’mon the worst team i’ve seen, beat Ayr for us.

We will still be here with 12 points for you next season so it's not all bad scary bear. Will you lot be going part time when you fail to go up?

We are going up.

Archived