East Fife vs Ayr Utd

Haven't got one, anything else worthwhile McCall is saying, is Docherty on a two year contract.

Not much. Said that McGuffie will probably stay on the bench for now as he’s making an impact coming off. Also mentioned there’s a lot of clubs watching Shankland this season but feels that Shankland should stay as we’ve given him a chance when no one else did.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Haven't got one, anything else worthwhile McCall is saying, is Docherty on a two year contract.

Nope just the one year. Only Geggan, Moffat, Bell and Higgins are signed up for next season. Not sure on the contract situation with the likes of Murphy, McCowan etc. 

14 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We will get scudded here. Our record against the top 2 is embarrassing.

Played 7. Lost 7.
Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 20

It’s all about hoping we can take the Raith £ and of course the dicking that goes with it.

0-5 Ayr.

Have to admit i thought you guys were lower down the league than 6th the way you're all going on.

We really need Adams or Docherty to start on Saturday and move Crawford out wide. Otherwise far too many attacking players for an away game with very few able to win the ball or protect the defence 
Doc was saying on Saturday he won't be playing again this season due to needing surgery but Adams was saying he is available for all of the run in whether grass or artificial.

26 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Not much. Said that McGuffie will probably stay on the bench for now as he’s making an impact coming off. Also mentioned there’s a lot of clubs watching Shankland this season but feels that Shankland should stay as we’ve given him a chance when no one else did.

Go on McCall, let's all guilt him into staying.

Remember where you were a year ago Shanks.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I expect East Fife will probably lie down here. They’ll want the benefits the Raith Rovers pound brings them for next season.

I think that I would be more concerned ,if I was a Raith fan , of 1.why the home crowd was 900 less than the previous game against EF.and  the impact on club finances and 2.what the impact will be on club finances of the club not getting promotion , having already sold 100 season tickets earmarked for next season.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He was probably a week away from going part time and has proven at several championship clubs he can't step up. It would be far to risky for clubs to take a punt on him.

Face it Lawrence, Signing a two year deal at Ayr is the most secure thing you can do.........

Image result for oops gif

I expect East Fife will probably lie down here. They’ll want the benefits the Raith Rovers pound brings them for next season.

No, that would be the second reason!!!

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was probably a week away from going part time and has proven at several championship clubs he can't step up. It would be far to risky for clubs to take a punt on him.

Face it Lawrence, Signing a two year deal at Ayr is the most secure thing you can do.........

Image result for oops gif

Throw the captancy armband in there aswell, would make a great captain in my opinion.

I heard that we're going to offer Shankland terms whether we go up or not. 

He'd probably double his wages in the Championship with us so it'd make sense for him to stop scoring to give us a better chance of winning the league. 

Ayr will win on Saturday though as East Fife don't have any fight or pride. 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I heard that we're going to offer Shankland terms whether we go up or not. 

He'd probably double his wages in the Championship with us so it'd make sense for him to stop scoring to give us a better chance of winning the league. 

Ayr will win on Saturday though as East Fife don't have any fight or pride. 

That explains the early bird season ticket offer - you need the cash for shanklands signing on fee.  

In all seriousness, here’s a question for Ayr fans and lurking Rovers fans, who is the worst side you’ve seen this season?

For me it’s been East Fife or Queen’s Park.

For Ayr it could very well be us given our two capitulations at Somerset Park.

In all seriousness, here’s a question for Ayr fans and lurking Rovers fans, who is the worst side you’ve seen this season?

Raith twice at somerset

Raith in all four games haven’t impressed me although the two games at Somerset they were awful. You wouldn’t have thought they were in a title race at all.

Honourable mentions go to Stranraer, East Fife and Alloa.

Outside the 2 Raith games, the worst i've seen were Stranraer at Stair Park at New Year, then East Fife at Somerset in February. Both of those games I came away assuming both those sides would be in freefall - East Fife won their next 3 games and i'm sure Stranraer had a couple of big wins soon after as well which shows what I know!

Come to think of it, Raith then went on a long winning run after the November game, and are showing signs of doing so again now haha.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Raith at Somerset are the worst, East Fife home and away haven't really looked any good though. 

Archived