East Fife vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The updates from this game were more exciting than our game. 

Another second prize for Easy Fife and another late winner for Ayr. The mark of Champions.

Too early for that patter, Airdrie would love to take points off us more than anything else.

The problem with a keeper is that there appears to be a severe lack of quality going around at the moment and as I've mentioned on numerous occasions, we've always been blessed with top keepers which perhaps is giving us an unrealistic view of the standard we should be entitled to in Scottish League 1. 

I also liked Fleming but he was also prone to the odd blunder like most keepers, but going back to Ruddy the facts tell us that he plays for Wolves (Championship leaders in England), he's already won a Scottish U21 cap and he's played first team for an English League 1 side which is well above our current standard, so all that would tell me that the standard of goalkeeping generally, is much poorer at the moment than it's been in the past.

In fairness, all you need to do is look at the Scotland situation where our 2 best keepers are Gordon and McGregor which confirms that nobody else has been coming through or is anywhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

The ball moves but it's not like it moves right in front of him. A goalkeeper should save those all day. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Seems like he was panicking with how much the ball was moving and didn't know how to handle it, sticks his foot out to stop it and the ball bounces just in front of it.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Goalkeepers don’t exactly have to put much effort in. To say that he wasn’t trying to save it is just mental.

Don't mean he isn't trying at all, I mean he's not trying enough.  As I said in an earlier post, he is either grossly overrated by the coaching staff at Wolves and Scotland, or he is simply not giving us anywhere near his best.  Call it the Scott McKenna Syndrome if you wish.

19 hours ago, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

Absolutely outrageous decision by a f'n awful official. Some little nyaff in a white and black shirt was blown over by someone sneezing in the stand.

Raith Rovers have no chance with officials like these today. As well as the late late non penalty penalty, the first goal was offside as we were exactly in line with the Ayr player which is more than can be said for the Assistant Referee who was like a Shire horse trying to keep up with play.

What an absolutely shockingly bad post. You should probably apologise to everyone on the forum and take a break for a week or two. Embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

What an absolutely shockingly bad post. You should probably apologise to everyone on the forum and take a break for a week or two. Embarrassing.

Yep, far rather have an assistant with the pace of a Shire horse than a fan with the eyesight of a pit pony.

Another second prize for Easy Fife and another late winner for Ayr. The mark of Champions.
You need to get out more scary bear or maybe you can start putting in extra hours overtime at work so you can contribute to the save the rovers fund that will kick in when you fail to go up. #roaringback ????

52 minutes ago, east fife for life said:
On 01/04/2018 at 10:36, Scary Bear said:

You need to get out more scary bear or maybe you can start putting in extra hours overtime at work so you can contribute to the save the rovers fund that will kick in when you fail to go up. #roaringback

Ok, i’ll go out soon. Bit cold though.

Archived