East Fife vs Ayr Utd

After East Fife bent over for their overlords last night we are only 3 points ahead of Raith. If it stays at 3 points then we are 4 games away from winning the league.

Obviously Adams won’t play on Astro and Geggan is suspended so I’m going for the same team that beat Queens Park.

Ruddy

Reid

Bell

Rose

Boyle

McDaid

Crawford

Kerr

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

I’m going for a 3-0 win here as East Fife don’t really have anything to play for and they’ve been poor against us this season.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading the comments on the Raith v East Fife thread, both teams were pretty dire in the first half at least. Hopefully we can get a decent win to keep our run going. I’ll go for a 3-1 win for the Honest Men.

Would be surprised if Ayr dropped points in this game. EF, last night anyway, had nothing up front that posed any threat. They looked ok in possession at times and can put in decent deliveries into the box. EF have nothing to play for so not expecting them to do us any favours. 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Expect us to win but funny things can happen so close to the end of the season. Wouldn't it be ironic if EF beat us to give Raith the edge in the title race.

With a 20 goal advantage on us I would still say you would have the edge even if you somehow contrive to lose on Saturday and we win.

I'd like to see McGuffie get a start ahead of Forrest - think he's earned it. Other than that, same team.

This. Forrest very poor the previous two games whereas McGuffie has came on and made an impact in every game. Only fair to give McGuffie a chance.

McGuffie should be kept as an impact sub for the remaining games as he has actually made an impact when came on which seems to have boosted his confidence, plus his injury concerns. Forrest is fine where he his, and Crawford can go on the left when the centre are all back.

4 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

After East Fife bent over for their overlords last night we are only 3 points ahead of Raith. If it stays at 3 points then we are 4 games away from winning the league.

Obviously Adams won’t play on Astro and Geggan is suspended so I’m going for the same team that beat Queens Park.

Ruddy

Reid

Bell

Rose

Boyle

McDaid

Crawford

Kerr

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

I’m going for a 3-0 win here as East Fife don’t really have anything to play for and they’ve been poor against us this season.

McCall hinted in last nights AP that he could play which would be the totally wrong decision IMO.

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'd like to see McGuffie get a start ahead of Forrest - think he's earned it. Other than that, same team.

McGuffie is a weird one, He's always super effective coming off the bench but whenever he's rewarded with a start flatters to deceive and is normally hooked early on.

I'm really nervous about this game, Although we currently have 9/9 from East Fife they aren't a bad side. That first half at Bayview last time was probably the best i've seen an opposition side play against us in the league this season. Luckilly we stepped it up in the 2nd half and blew them away. Raith have a banker 3 points at home to a piss poor Albion Rovers so we really need to be winning this.

Adams played on the Astro at east fife last time round, albeit he got hooked at half time for being a bit rubbish.  Think there was some chat at the time about east fife's pitch being one of the latest generation ones with less impact on injury prone knees.  McGuffie has shown a flicker of form off the bench, but really hasn't done enough to warrant a starting place.

We really need Adams or Docherty to start on Saturday and move Crawford out wide. Otherwise far too many attacking players for an away game with very few able to win the ball or protect the defence 

24 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We really need Adams or Docherty to start on Saturday and move Crawford out wide. Otherwise far too many attacking players for an away game with very few able to win the ball or protect the defence 

Doc wasn't even in the team last weekend, don't think we'll see him again this season and after that who knows.

Needs surgery on his hip by all accounts.

48 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Said in the Ayrshire Post that Docherty is injured. Doubt we’ll see him again this season.

Haven't got one, anything else worthwhile McCall is saying, is Docherty on a two year contract.

It is getting to the stage of the season that one keeper howler, one referee blunder or a player getting sent off could win/lose the league, I expect we'll drop points between now and the end of the season as will Raith.

We are starting to play teams who's seasons are already over but it doesn't make the games a formality although we have scored 10-1 in the previous 3 games.

A nervy 2-1 win, East Fife with an early goal and two late goals from Shankland and Moore 

We will get scudded here. Our record against the top 2 is embarrassing.

Played 7. Lost 7.
Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 20

It’s all about hoping we can take the Raith £ and of course the dicking that goes with it.

0-5 Ayr.

Archived