• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see something like this in one of the games:

GK: Archer

LB: Tierney
CB: Berra
CB: McKenna
RB: O'Donnell (Other RB suggestions welcome)

LW: Robertson
CM: Armstrong / McGregor
CM: McTominay
RW: Forrest

ST: Griffiths
ST: McBurnie

Keeper

Archer - Milwall

Marshall - Hull City

McGregor - Hull City

Defender

Tait - Motherwell

O'Donnell - Kilmarnock

McKenna - Aberdeen

Aldred - Motherwell

Hendry - Celtic

Tierney - Celtic

Mulgrew - Blackburn

Roberton - Liverpool

Midfielder

McGeounch -Hibs 

McGregor - Celtic

Armstrong - Celtic

Henderson - Bari

McGinn - Hibs

Paterson - Cardiff city

J.Paterson - Bristol city

Bryan - Bristol city

Burke - WBA

McLean - Norwich city

Striker

McBurnie - Swansea

Phillip - WBA

Griffith - Celtic

Christie - Aberdeen

Mexico game apparently in doubt as there’s a dispute in Mexico and their players might not be released for the Scotland and Wales game.

I am particularly pleased with this news having booked my very expensive flights to Mexico City yesterday. 

Johnny Russell scored a hat trick for sporting kansas city today. He's been playing every week and has earned a call up I'd say.

Edit: Should probably add that's he's the joint top scorer just now with 5 goals in 8 games. As far as I know he's been playing as a winger rather than a striker so it's even more impressive if I'm correct.

23 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

Johnny Russell scored a hat trick for sporting kansas city today. He's been playing every week and has earned a call up I'd say.

Edit: Should probably add that's he's the joint top scorer just now with 5 goals in 8 games. As far as I know he's been playing as a winger rather than a striker so it's even more impressive if I'm correct.

Also indicates the MLS is fairly pish. Good player though worth a call up.

On 4/19/2018 at 23:20, Londonwell said:

Mexico game apparently in doubt as there’s a dispute in Mexico and their players might not be released for the Scotland and Wales game.

I am particularly pleased with this news having booked my very expensive flights to Mexico City yesterday. 

Mexico can jolly well play their reserves then.

Guest DAVIDB69
Also indicates the MLS is fairly pish. Good player though worth a call up.

I don’t think we should be calling up MLS players , wasn’t Russell a bit young for chucking it and going there

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I don’t think we should be calling up MLS players , wasn’t Russell a bit young for chucking it and going there

Do you believe the Scottish Premiership is a better standard of league than the MLS?

I wouldn't begrudge Russell a call-up, but I feel he's A) too old to be a 'new hope' up front and B) has pretty much proved his average-ness in the English Championship over 4-5 years.

It seems likely that his recent spate of goals is not because he's suddenly doubled in ability, but simply because he's moved to a weaker league where it's far easier to go on goalscoring runs like that.

If anything he'd be a journeyman squad filler-inner for us for a few years.

Is the MLS stronger than the SPFL Prem? Really hard to gauge it, but given that our prem is penniless and has 1/65th of the population of the USA, I'd say the odds are an in-depth comparison would show the MLS up as a slightly stronger league.

42 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Is the MLS stronger than the SPFL Prem? Really hard to gauge it, but given that our prem is penniless and has 1/65th of the population of the USA, I'd say the odds are an in-depth comparison would show the MLS up as a slightly stronger league.

It's certainly not any worse. Johnny Russell would likely score plenty in Scotland too and that would lead to folk saying he should be called up. If he keeps bagging goals then we'd be daft not to look at him.

The MLS is a difficult one to gauge.  Unless it's changed a lot, then there's still a huge gap between the top talent and the bottom.  You've got the designated players on mega bucks playing alongside college graduates that would likely struggle to get a game in our lower leagues.   It's certainly getting better, but quality wise I'd imagine our Premiership is still higher.  I could be wrong though, I've not really watched much of it.  I don't imagine it'll be long before it overtakes though, given the money they have at their disposal.  The US not qualifying for the World Cup will have a negative effect though.

18 hours ago, RangersScotland18 said:

just read this today £88 for a ticket. How can they charge this and can the SFA not do anything about it? its a friendly ffs

Nothing they can do if Peru wanna charge that.  They've got hundreds of thousands of requests from their own fans so obviously see an opportunity to make a wee bit of extra dosh.

Tbf to the SFA, they're offering a free Belgium ticket to everyone who buys a Peru ticket, which they didn't have to do

On 29/04/2018 at 11:48, paul-r-cfc said:

Nothing they can do if Peru wanna charge that.  They've got hundreds of thousands of requests from their own fans so obviously see an opportunity to make a wee bit of extra dosh.

Tbf to the SFA, they're offering a free Belgium ticket to everyone who buys a Peru ticket, which they didn't have to do

I never knew that mate , tbatvis a good gesture. Still £88 is a crazy price for a friendly. Any news on of a TV station will pick up the game?

Archived