May and June face Peru & Mexico

First champions league qualifier is July 10/11,19th of may for the Scottish cup final, 29th of may and 2nd of June for the friendlies, Regan  is laughing his head off at these fixtures.
For me it should be down to the players if picked,no time for pre-season or any down time with their families,the apathy from the manager to the players will create call offs damaging Scotland's chances and celtic's chances in Europe.lose lose for me

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will their first qualifying game not be against some diddies like the Lincoln Red Imps. Surely Celtic could win that with just their non-Scottish players + Scott Brown.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Will their first qualifying game not be against some diddies like the Lincoln Red Imps. Surely Celtic could win that with just their non-Scottish players + Scott Brown.

Celtic also have players going to the world cup i think the semi-final of the world cup is on the same day as the champions league qualifier.

Keeper

Gunn (McLeish try bid ) eligible play Scotland for his father born - Norwich City

McLaughlin - Hearts

Archer - Milwall

Defender

McKenna - Aberdeen

Lindsay - Barnsley

McDonalds - Hull City

Mulgrew - Blackburn Rover

Douglas - Wolves

Bryan - Bristol City

Paterson - Cardiff

O'Donnell - Kilmarnock

Midfielder

Paterson - Bristol City

Burke - West Brom

Ritchie - Newcastle Utd

Fraser - Bournemouth

Shinnie - Aberdeen

McLean - Aberdeen

McGeouch - Hibs

McGinn - Hibs

Cairney - Fulham

McDonald - Fulham

Murphy - Ranger: Loan from Brighton

Striker

Boyle - Hibs

Phillips - West Brom

Cummings - Rangers

McBurnie - Barnsley: Loan from Swansea City

Christie - Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Please stop repeating this, you paranoid helmet.

I actually understand his point but I think Scotland should nip Celtics pish right in the bud.  You are entitled to call up injured players for your doctor to examine them. If he declares them fit you're entitled to play them.  I would dare Celtic to go to the extent of ordering their players to fake calf strains in training, which I don't think they would do.

Celtic are already playing funny buggers with Scotland and it's damaging, it would be beneficial to give Tierney a few runs left side of a back three and play him with hendry and McKenna as many times as possible, and also to give Griffiths Armstrong and McGregor as many caps as possible.  So I'd be looking to nip their shit right in the bud and use the media to shame them a couple of times.

For example if they withdraw Tierney in the summer point out they have now cost him the Scotland captaincy and compare his situation to Giggs intl career to make your point.

It's also beneficial to play these games, think about it you're playing fucking Peru and Mexico away from home different climate style tactics surface atmosphere really good quality sides with lots of experience, you'd learn as much in an hour of a friendly like that as you would in twenty games against Motherwell.

You could point out Forrest is losing the battle for the spot on the right hand side to Fraser cause Fraser keeps turning up and you'd love to have a look at Forrest give him every chance but what can you do if he keeps being 'injured'?  Obviously this is hypothetical cause no problems with Forrest yet but that is how you use the media to your advantage.  Play it well you can have Forrest going to Celtic demanding to be allowed to take part in x friendly a year from now.

Take McKenna, we have six friendlies this year, I would want him to play every single one plus the four competitive games, that would be huge for his development, ten caps in a year (also double his value btw).  Its the same with the Celtic players.  People that say friendlies are pointless are full of shit.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I actually understand his point but I think Scotland should nip Celtics pish right in the bud.  You are entitled to call up injured players for your doctor to examine them. If he declares them fit you're entitled to play them.  I would dare Celtic to go to the extent of ordering their players to fake calf strains in training, which I don't think they would do.

Celtic are already playing funny buggers with Scotland and it's damaging, it would be beneficial to give Tierney a few runs left side of a back three and play him with hendry and McKenna as many times as possible, and also to give Griffiths Armstrong and McGregor as many caps as possible.  So I'd be looking to nip their shit right in the bud and use the media to shame them a couple of times.

For example if they withdraw Tierney in the summer point out they have now cost him the Scotland captaincy and compare his situation to Giggs intl career to make your point.

Do you genuinely believe the Celtic players are pulling out with fake injuries because of some apparent apathy between them and McLeish? 

I'm not exactly sure what "Celtic's pish" is for us to nip it in the bud.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you genuinely believe the Celtic players are pulling out with fake injuries because of some apparent apathy between them and McLeish? 

I'm not exactly sure what "Celtic's pish" is for us to nip it in the bud.

No, but I 100% believe Tierney isn't remotely injured right now and was withdrawn to protect him for the Scottish semi against rangers (you'll notice Liverpool had no problems releasing Robertson when they have a cl quarter coming up) and also that Tierney will also be withdrawn from the summer friendlies too.  Meaning that's already four games he'll have missed, very damaging to both him and Scotland.  Also giving him a 0% attendance rate for the new regime.

That's what we have to nip in the bud, or else they'll withdraw him for the Belgium game too cause they have European games, and the other friendly, meaning we'll go into the first competitive games we've had in a year without being able to once try our new preferred back three or give Tierney a run lcb.

And forcing the players to get called up, then possibly played against the wishes of the people who actually play his wages will really endear us to them in future.

I'd love it if International football sat above club football in a way that we could dictate to clubs, but that ship has well and truly sailed.  The whole thing can be tackled in a far more diplomatic way that doesn't piss off the main source of our decent players.  It's certainly not worth risking that for this case.

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No, but I 100% believe Tierney isn't remotely injured right now and was withdrawn to protect him for the Scottish semi against rangers (you'll notice Liverpool had no problems releasing Robertson when they have a cl quarter coming up) and also that Tierney will also be withdrawn from the summer friendlies too.  Meaning that's already four games he'll have missed, very damaging to both him and Scotland.  Also giving him a 0% attendance rate for the new regime.

That's what we have to nip in the bud, or else they'll withdraw him for the Belgium game too cause they have European games, and the other friendly, meaning we'll go into the first competitive games we've had in a year without being able to once try our new preferred back three or give Tierney a run lcb.

So you don't think Celtic players are faking injuries but you think Kieran Tierney (Celtic player) is faking an injury right now. Okay.

I'll end this here, I have no intention of going back and forward with you again.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So you don't think Celtic players are faking injuries but you think Kieran Tierney (Celtic player) is faking an injury right now. Okay.

I'll end this here, I have no intention of going back and forward with you again.

I'm not posting just for your benefit cause you're an idiot.  I mean actually faking injuries like actually breaking down in training with Scotland going ahhhh my calf.  If we call Celtics bluff that's the extent we can force them to in order to withdraw their players from friendlies  which I don't think they would do.

What they're doing with Tierney right now is telling him you could do with a wee break we're going to say you have a wee calf strain and you'll miss these ones okay son? 

But obviously being 1 - an idiot and 2 - someone with no understanding of professional football you fail to understand this.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'd do the complete opposite.  Lay a marker down that you're not going to be pissed about by them, call up all 8 even'injured' ones to be examined by the Scotland doctor as you're entitled to do and play all fit ones in both games.

Full rectal probes for each of them until they admit they are actually fit to play.

Being serious, I agree with your hardline stance on this, but realistically it would never work as the clubs have the power and influence over their players to make life really difficult for Scotland later on.

55 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'm not posting just for your benefit cause you're an idiot.  I mean actually faking injuries like actually breaking down in training with Scotland going ahhhh my calf.  If we call Celtics bluff that's the extent we can force them to in order to withdraw their players from friendlies  which I don't think they would do.

What they're doing with Tierney right now is telling him you could do with a wee break we're going to say you have a wee calf strain and you'll miss these ones okay son? 

But obviously being 1 - an idiot and 2 - someone with no understanding of professional football you fail to understand this.

Using Tierney is a bad example as he has played more football than any other player around the world,my concern is having a 100% tierney for club and country is better than having a 70% tierney.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Using Tierney is a bad example as he has played more football than any other player around the world,my concern is having a 100% tierney for club and country is better than having a 70% tierney.

That's true he's played as many games this season as any outfield player in Europe.  Now Celtic are talking about burnout as a precursor to withdraw him from the summer friendlies. 

But if they're worried about burnout they are the ones in control of that.  Celtic play multiple multiple games throughout the season against Patrick st Johnstone Ross county etc where they can easily rest Tierney but have chosen not to. 

If he ends up suffering burnout it will be the 55 games Celtic have played him in ten months that have caused it rather than three or four for Scotland. 

They could easily have rested him ten or twelve times for games they don't need him and he'll learn little, and he could have played intl games where he'll learn a lot.

Archived