Alloa vs Arbroath

Play like we did against Albion and we will struggle. I’d love to see our wingers go past a man instead of cutting in. Bobby limped off so he might miss out. Scott Martin should return.

I believe we can secure our playoff spot this weekend with a win as well

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go for an Alloa win 1-0 .......or a draw..........or an Arbroath win ............or a great big F******* chinese space station the size of a bus plummets right on to the centre circle and wipes out the entire 

teams of both sides !.... but an Alloa win (mibbe )..

18 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can’t seem to play well against Alloa or EF for whatever reason, think both teams are comfortable in the playoffs now though. Just depends on who will play Raith or Dumbarton now really.

Indeed.  The play off teams are pretty much nailed down.

5 hours ago, Robertolichtie said:

Hardly think 18 players is a large squad, plus im sure other teams in the league have a bigger wage bill than us. 

Quality over quantity.

It would be somewhat alarming if our budget was bigger than Raith/ Ayr; don't think it's much to shout about budget wise to have a comeback which is essentially 'aye but two teams who are full time whose crowds are far bigger than ours have bigger budgets!'.

I'm still laughing at people earlier in the season saying our budget wouldn't be substantially bigger than that of Albion and be larger than teams like Stranraer (both at start of season and of course definitely now) and East Fife.

However, I assume an Alloa fan mentioning 'expensive' squads is taking the piss, considering for years Mike Mulraney seems to have propped up a very competitive budget at this level on crowds/ income substantially lower than a lot of teams around them.....

Would happily take a draw out of today - main thing for me is that we put in a good performance. We put in a good first 45 against Stranraer but were poor against Albion x 2 recently despite picking up two wins. Draw and good performance would actually be more pleasing at this stage than a shitfested 1-0 win.

Archived