The beginning of the end of Junior Football

Dreghorn

We really need more threads on West Region fixtures.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

The new topic was meant to bring to the attention of all members the shift in opinion from remain to leave.  Perhaps we should call it Pyrexit! 

Naw, that's back to front - what's being proposed is Junxit ... (to be followed by Pyrentry).

This really is the beginning of the end for me.

Really enjoyed my time playing in the juniors as a young guy. Enjoy going to watch the games still - mainly of my former clubs. If the pyramid system goes ahead (which now looks likely) i'll not be back. It's not bitterness in any way. it just won't be the same. 

4 minutes ago, Wicked Delivery said:

Really enjoyed my time playing in the juniors as a young guy. Enjoy going to watch the games still - mainly of my former clubs. If the pyramid system goes ahead (which now looks likely) i'll not be back. It's not bitterness in any way. it just won't be the same. 

If Pollok were to play Talbot at Newlandsfield as part of a pyramid with entry for 6 quid, what "just won't be the same"?

52 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Every time TJ opens his mooth he gives away what a dinosaur he is. The EOSL/LL have got people like John Greenhorn, David Baxter, Andrew Renwick, Craig Graham. How come there’s nobody in the Juniors with the cojones to challenge him?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Pollok were to play Talbot at Newlandsfield as part of a pyramid with entry for 6 quid, what "just won't be the same"?

What about when its Pollok v Talbot in League 2 and its £15 entry? 

No more Pollok v Talbot Junior Scottish Cup quarter finals.

I really hope it turns out I am wrong in the long term btw, I just can't see it at persent. 

Same club, same players, same fans. What won't be the same?

I really hope it turns out I am wrong in the long term btw, I just can't see it at persent. 

Pollok won't be playing Talbot in League Two anytime soon, and if they are you'll have better facilities, bigger crowds and better fitba, fixtures and floodlights. Sounds terrible.

Every time TJ opens his mooth he gives away what a dinosaur he is. The EOSL/LL have got people like John Greenhorn, David Baxter, Andrew Renwick, Craig Graham. How come there’s nobody in the Juniors with the cojones to challenge him?

The AGM regularly passes with not a single motion from the floor. No matter our chomping at the bit on pandb most club representatives do feck all to raise their heads above the parapet.
It surprises me that the club's for instance that lost leagues etc via archaic retention rules do not even pipe up.

1 hour ago, Wicked Delivery said:

You didn't answer my question. 

51 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Pollok won't be playing Talbot in League Two anytime soon, and if they are you'll have better facilities, bigger crowds and better fitba, fixtures and floodlights. Sounds terrible.

I would seriously question the bigger crowds aspect. Time will tell. 

31 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The AGM regularly passes with not a single motion from the floor. No matter our chomping at the bit on pandb most club representatives do feck all to raise their heads above the parapet.
It surprises me that the club's for instance that lost leagues etc via archaic retention rules do not even pipe up.

Correct, that's why this proposed EGM might be a damp squib. 

9 minutes ago, Wicked Delivery said:

It's no longer Junior football. 

Jesus H Chr*st .....you could seriously lose the will to live reading some of this. What makes Junior football in any way different from any other type of football? Don't bother answering as it's not a question designed to actually solicit an answer, just a cry of frustration over the utter nonsense of "Junior fitba, wha's like us".

Archived