Morton v Dundee United

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I've replaced my joy with booze. Not sure that'll make me anymore unbiased. Our passing was a bit better than some will say but in the final third it was horrific. We suit width and we're sloppy without it.

United have grafters. I'll give them that.

Grafters? Have you just downed a bottle of absinthe?

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Moshni has the making of a really good player. The being a psychopath seems to be letting him down.

I thought he was excellent tbh, won every ball looked alot more comfortable on the ball than I thought he would have.

At the end he was being screamed at by a 45 odd year old man, he was out his seat giving it big links in hospitality. Looked like an embarrassment. 

Moshni reacted by shouting and kind of shaking his fist. Nothing much exciting tbh.

Morton need to get it together tho if we're even getting into the playoffs, that was awful :-(

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

At the end he was being screamed at by a 45 odd year old man, he was out his seat giving it big links in hospitality.

Morton hospitality serving punters sausages. No class.

4 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The main positive seemed to be that they ran about a lot. Intercepted a LOT of loose balls. Didn't do much with it.

That's surprising to read. A few months too late.

Away to drink now and numb the misery.

That was dreadful. We deserved nothing from that game so the point is welcome, but we are now pretty much relying on snookers from elsewhere. Our home form won’t get us three wins and our away games are to the two teams above us, one of whom we haven’t beaten in 4 attempts.

The changes should have been made at half time but instead we had a whole half of hoofball. Moshni absolutely strolled that game today.
Our goal looked like it glanced the top of a defender and in off the bar. I was hoping it had been Moshni. 

30 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I thought he was excellent tbh, won every ball looked alot more comfortable on the ball than I thought he would have.

At the end he was being screamed at by a 45 odd year old man, he was out his seat giving it big links in hospitality. Looked like an embarrassment. 

Moshni reacted by shouting and kind of shaking his fist. Nothing much exciting tbh.

Morton need to get it together tho if we're even getting into the playoffs, that was awful :-(

^^^ This, all of it.

A few nutters in hospitality having a go at Mohsni but they weren't as embarrassing as Morton's performance, we made United look half-decent.

Pish deserved nothing stole a point utd should be gutted but tbf they offerd next to f**k all aswell.

As for 4.3.3. Duffy get it tae f**k. Every fan can see our best 11 and best formation yet you dont can you just naw see it or are you just an arrogant p***k ?

Time to wake up morton that shite today wont be fucking  tolorated again.

As for that clown moshini if you give if out son expect it back ya dick 

Girfuy.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Fairly even headed recap

We need more middle aged folk shouting.

Not really understanding any criticism of Russell. While he's been poor for most of the season, he was solid yesterday. Not quite back to his old self, but easily one of our best players; not that that's much of an achievement.

There've been comments on here recently from fans of other clubs not understanding why some Morton fans are critical of Duffy as we made progress in each of his first three seasons and are challenging for the playoffs again this season. Just show them this game and they'll understand, it sums up perfectly why Duffy gets a hard time.

4-3-3 has never worked for this team and never will. We've tried it several times with various different personnel, but it will simply never suit any combination of our midfield or attacking options. So naturally he reverts to the 4-3-3 for no apparent reason, even when the XI he put out could easily have been set up in the 4-4-1-1 that we've actually played well with. Even discounting any thoughts on whether Iredale or Ross should be starting, there was absolutely no need to play 4-3-3 with the players we had on the pitch.

Having made that error in setting the team up that way and it clearly not working - we probably edged the first half but had created absolutely nothing - he fails to change it at half time. Dundee Utd, despite being terrible themselves, were clearly the better team in the second half, with the shape of our midfield allowing them far too much space and them running over the top of us. Still he persists with it. Then we concede an appalling goal from our perspective from a corner - it's almost as if having someone on the post would be a good idea when defending a corner and would prevent a looping header dropping into the net - and only then does he finally, finally put that formation in the bin. Why wait until we were behind when it obviously hadn't been working at all for the previous hour?

With the way the game went and the manner of the equaliser we robbed that point, but bearing in mind how poor Dundee United have been lately and Duffy basically writing the first hour of the game off with the 4-3-3, it's hard not to be looking at it as two points dropped.

Surely to f**k we've seen the last of that fucking formation now.

Frank Ross should not be on the bench at this level, ever. When he's fit, play him. It's not a fucking coincidence that our best string of results came with him playing every week before inexplicably being dropped to accommodate John fucking Baird.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Frank Ross should not be on the bench at this level, ever. When he's fit, play him. It's not a fucking coincidence that our best string of results came with him playing every week before inexplicably being dropped to accommodate John fucking Baird.

Also Fraser had a good game last weekend, so why bench him? I would prefer a midfield three of Murdoch, Harkins and Fraser, two wide players (Ross and Tidser) and one up top (Tiffoney or Oliver). As Dunning said, hopefully 4-3-3 won't be used again this season.

I also notice nobody has mentioned Thomson's pathetic attempt when through one on one. He should be sent back to the u20 team for that effort.

This season has the same feeling to it as Duffy's first one - there is some talent in the squad,  with far more options and a better starting XI than last season's team. As ever with Duffy's sides there can be no questioning their effort or their desire to nick a goal even in the dying moments of a game. But we are often playing poorly and dropping more points than we should do because his team selection and tactics are piss-poor. 

Archived