Morton v Dundee United

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game where both teams are going in on similar form - 1 win, 2 draws & 2 loses I'll be expecting a bit of a shitfest with little to no goals. However the bigger picture here is we should be targeting a win to put pressure on other teams around us and give us a bit of breathing space. If we have aspirations of ever being promoted to the premiership (either through play offs or winning the championship) before the big league becomes a 16 team league, we must learn how to conquer the likes of Dundee United.

15 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

A game where both teams are going in on similar form - 1 win, 2 draws & 2 loses I'll be expecting a bit of a shitfest with little to no goals. 

We've picked up twice as many points as Dundee United in 2018 and are unquestionably the form side going into this match:

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland2

Whether it counts for much after Duffy settles on his team selection is the only significant doubt. 

5 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

That result doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as people who cannot differentiate between "your" and "you're" tbh

2 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Woof, you’re clutching a wee bit there.

Sarto does that every time United are going through a bad patch.  He’s been like that for about 3 years solid now.

57 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Win today and we will have cancelled out another of United's games in hand. 

I'm afraid that's not the case. After today's game: Morton played 31 ... United played 29. Only United's midweek games will reduce their games in hand.

10 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm afraid that's not the case. After today's game: Morton played 31 ... United played 29. Only United's midweek games will reduce their games in hand.

But if we win and go another three points ahead, that’s basically taking a game away from them...

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

But if we win and go another three points ahead, that’s basically taking a game away from them...

True enough...but the fact remains they would still have the chance of attaining 6 points....and if we should start dropping points....(perish the thought).

14 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

True enough...but the fact remains they would still have the chance of attaining 6 points....and if we should start dropping points....(perish the thought).

We win today, they can win one of their two games in hand and not overtake us. 

Yes, if they win both of them they'd be above us, hence why I said "another of their games" and not "both of their games".

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

We win today, they can win one of their two games in hand and not overtake us. 

Yes, if they win both of them they'd be above us, hence why I said "another of their games" and not "both of their games".

Point  taken.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Towards the end of McKinnon’s reign I was willing to accept a defeat if it hastened his departure.  I don’t think I was the only one.

I feel the same now.

The only way this guy is going is when we can no longer be promoted this season (allegedly).

If we get to the playoffs somehow, we'll get pumped anyway so I would prefer not to reach said playoffs to speed up the pish gibberers departure.

Archived