Peterhead Vs Clyde

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were probably due to concede from a routine corner into the box. Might've been a foul on McNiff before it was delivered.

Bit of a scrappy nothing game after that. Nicol (deservedly booked) off asap please as we're getting plenty of the ball and he's slowing everything down.

2 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Delighted McAllister's benched. Wonder why though?

Alcohol poisoning.   Allegedly.

On 27/03/2018 at 21:51, clyde_r_us said:

We only do 3-0 wins defeats.

FTFY.

Surprisingly comfortable in the end. Expected a lot more from Clyde which only showed in glimpses.

The only disappointment for me is how predictable the defeat was. Witness Nicoll's counterproductive contribution and the fact that we - a great possession team, these days - didn't get a kick in second half even with Grant and the rest on the field.

I don't think anyone could say they'd have done much, if anything, differently. You've got to put it down to two things: the fixture schedule having worn us out more than it has Peterhead; they didn't have a game midweek. And, secondly, the sheer wear-down value of the trip up north. That must magnify a little for the likes of Boyle and Cogill, probably having dragged themselves up from the north of England either this morning or yesterday. Look at Elgin's result at home to Stirling today: that's a lot of goals without reply. Same rules will've applied to that one, I bet. That's sometimes the charmed life of the teams up north; unassailable advantages at home, unenviable disadvantages away. Particularly at the business end of the season. Nobody say ICT :shutup.

Anyway, Cowden done us a favour. And Elgin's leapfrog shouldn't trouble anyone; they'll drop two points between now and the end of the season. That's a big bit of luck.

Light-duties at training this week, can't be foolishly carrying-over any fitness debt. We need not to be complacent at Cowden', the right attitude will win that for us, not what we do on the training pitch midweek.

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

About even first half. Utter shite second half.

Strikes me as a third bit of confirmation. We've had teams under our thumbs in the second 45 for the last month or so; if they had us under theirs, I don't think it's a skill difference; not with the players we have. Got to be jadedness.

Archived