Wishaw Secretary

Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

4 hours ago, Glens lad said:

I was merely pointing out that his betting hasn’t always gone to plan. emoji849.png

Thanks for your input DL 

4/9 to scoop the p&b understatement of 2018 award.

Unless,of course,jb also tips it.

:lol:

Now the dust has well and truly settled after what was an epic tie (and I've finally recovered some sense of what time zone I'm in) I'd just like to extend congratulations to all at Hurlford and wish you well for the final, it will be a tall order against the mighty Talbot but as with the first ever Junior Cup run I followed Wishy in (1980 ending at Baillieston) I hope to have exited at the home of the eventual winners.

Haven't quite brought myself to watch Saturday's highlights yet, but will look back fondly on a sterling effort, well done all at Wishy in getting much further than I ever thought possible and making the Ford fight all the way to the line, Wishy have a good record on penalties so who knows what would have happened if they had conjured a 2nd goal?

Anyway, footballing life goes on fast and furious with so many league (and Central League Cup) ties to fit in, but thanks to all at the club for creating such fabulous memories. I remember one of the Hurlford fans (possibly ex-German exile?) posting that the year they won the Cup the Semi victory over Irvine Meadow was more enjoyable than the glory day of the final, similarly with Wishy's Cup run this year my favourite memory rather than the day in the sun at Hurlford was the win over Yoker on a freezing St Patrick's Day before a typically tiny junior crowd which meant that Wishy would be featuring in the finals stages of the cup (admittedly at that stage only the last eight) for the first time in my life, a small football dream come true.

Finally, sad there won't be the range of souvenirs the club were planning if they got through but, a stack of fond memories to take away, will probably be harping on about them for as many of the next 83 years as I see out! Best wishes to all concerned, proud of you, Wishy.

Great effort Wishaw -wanted you to get to the final as with Lochee but wasn’t to be!Hope it generates a real invigoration of interest in the club.