Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

Wishaw Secretary

Sounds like there will be great backing for Wishy at Hurlford this afternoon (just setting off myself shortly), while we may vary in our expectations everyone will be squarely behind the team as they try to achieve what would be the greatest success in the club's recent history if they manage to pull this tie around. Make no mistake, this is the toughest task Wishy have faced but the beauty of cup football is that the opportunity is there to be seized. I'm sure the players will give their all at Blair Park and win, lose or draw they will have our full support for what should be a match to remember for the rest of our days.  C'MOAN WISHY, TRULY ONCE IN A LIFETIME!

On 4/16/2018 at 12:32, Glens lad said:

The opposition, ‘Wishaw Juniors’ looks like a second thought going by that poster. Even the sponsor is more prominent emoji848.png

Poorly designed in my opinion emoji52.png

Aw ffs man, this place cracks me up with the dourness of some folk. 

Can picture you at the final at Rugby Park last year raging because the font on the pie wrappers wasn't to your liking. 

55 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Are you booked in anywhere before the game?
There's a wee bar in the ground.

aye right IF THE BAR SIGN IS AS BIG AS THE WISHAW JUNIORS NAME ON YOUR PROGRAMME YOU WONT NEED TO OPEN IT.

STICK IT (the bar) IN THE SAME PLACE I TOLD YOU TO STICK YOUR PROGRAMME

Edited by black white

Aw ffs man, this place cracks me up with the dourness of some folk. 
Can picture you at the final at Rugby Park last year raging because the font on the pie wrappers wasn't to your liking. 

You’re right the wrappers wasn’t to my liking [emoji17] I complained to the catering staff, but was told to FO. Jeeze some people have no respect for pensioners anymore. [emoji23]

8 hours ago, black white said:

aye right IF THE BAR SIGN IS AS BIG AS THE WISHAW JUNIORS NAME ON YOUR PROGRAMME YOU WONT NEED TO OPEN IT.

Bit of bad karma there auld bean, needing a drink to drown your sorrows 

8 hours ago, black white said:

I really can't believe how much grief the programme caused.  I could understand if it was an SJFA produced programme for the final but it wasn't so I can't.

I really can't believe how much grief the programme caused.  I could understand if it was an SJFA produced programme for the final but it wasn't so I can't.
Mate, the programme didn't cause any grief, just a couple of stupid comments about it from P&B keyboard warriors whose opinion means nothing. Wishaw's fans and committee who were at the game today were brand new and very complimentary after the match.

We got all the players and coaches from both sides to sign three programmes. One is going to the raffle at a race night tonight for a youth team, and i shall be auctioning the other two on eBay. I have arranged with the wishaw secretary to send them 50% of the proceeds. We also sold first leg programmes at our merchandise table and passed the proceeds back to Wishaw.

Does that sound like grief?

Once more P and B proves that it is not a fair reflection of the clubs and their fans.

Hard lines Wishy, a gallant effort and a complete credit to yourselves. Folk will remember this as one of the greatest underdog cup runs in the future. 

Now, sadly you probably have a backlog game in ten minutes so don't lick your wounds too long. 

Hurlford 1-1 Wishaw.

Hurlford made the final, but the Wishaw lads pushed them right to the wire.
The home side started well, with Mark Roberts going close with a good effort.
25 mns Ross Robertson put Hurlford ahead when he nodded home a left wing corner from close range.

40mns Vincent McGuire levelled the game when he sent Alistair Brown the wrong way with a penalty.

2nd half both teams had chances.
Hurlford winger Paul McKenzie had a good effort just after the break, then he had a fine effort from 20 yds clatter the crossbar.

Best player on the pitch for me was Wishaw wide boy Daniel Kindlan, he was tremendous.

Decent crowd, around 700.