Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

Wishaw Secretary

Thank you for your very kind comments.
The squad of players at the Club at the present time has been a number of years in the making.  The majority of the players joined during either John McKeown or Chris McGroarty's time with the Club although several pre-date that.  John Brogan brought 3 players to the club, two of whom are younger lads on development loans and who will return to their respective parent Clubs in due course.  We very much appreciate being given the opportunity to work with those players and play a part in their development. 
We fully appreciate the contributions and hard work which all of our previous managers and their respective backroom teams  have done for the Club no matter the circumstances of their leaving and we genuinely wish them all the best for the future.  
This has been  been a most unusual but interesting season for us and we still have a long way to go yet. 
Apoligies wasn't meant as a point scoring exercise , obviously wishaw secretary i wish u all the best and hope the dream continues , all the best .

As a fan of another semi-finalist, I can't hope you go on to win it, but I'm still delighted at your success so far. We visited the Beltane in the West a few season ago and the hospitality was first class - nice people and their efforts are now reaping rewards.

I was delighted to receive the text updates from some of my mates who were at Wishaw last Saturday enjoying one of your sponsor’s hospitality.

I’ve always found Wishaw a terrific club to visit - emblematic of what a hard working committee of guys pulling together can achieve.

I also have a personal soft spot for Wishaw given how well the Beltane stood up to a deluge before and during a schools’ Semi-final a couple of years ago.

Best of luck in the semi!!

Lovely guys who were very hospitable on our last two visits to the Beltane.It would be an unbelievable achievement if Wishaw were able to get to the Final and what a great change to see a new name on the Cup!Theres a long way to go before that though..Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any plans in place to record this game (these games) ?
This is a huge occasion for the club - and certainly worth spending a few quid on!!

BBC alba usually film the semi finals but (as far as I know) they only broadcast them in the build up to the final.

Are there any plans in place to record this game (these games) ?
This is a huge occasion for the club - and certainly worth spending a few quid on!!

No need to be spending any money on highlights as I’m sure someone will be there with some sort of picture taking device [emoji12]IMG_1523305681.517542.jpg

10 minutes ago, The'FORD said:

No need to be spending any money on highlights as I’m sure someone will be there with some sort of picture taking device emoji12.pngIMG_1523305681.517542.jpg

Yes, I'm sure that someone will take some photos - which is great - but you guys have been there 4 out of the last 5 years.......... so you'll be scunnered looking at photos. Wishaw have been at this stage once in the last 85 years - so I am hoping that they will organise for it to be recorded as well - for the team, the committee and the supporters all to be able to get copies ...... I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much!?

3 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

BBC alba usually film the semi finals but (as far as I know) they only broadcast them in the build up to the final.

To be honest I cant remember seeing them at our 1st leg game v Bonnyrigg ,  but myself and Bonnyrigg both covered the games.  They  had a camera at Loch Park in 2014 for the semi final 2nd leg Camelon game , they were at Loch Park last season filming the players and team bus leaving. I think they may have covered the 2nd leg at Bonnyrigg with short highlights.

Edited by GLENAFTON93

On behalf of all the players and committee of Wishaw High School FPs I would like to wish Wishaw Juniors the very best of luck for their 1st leg tie in the semi final of the Scottish Junior Cup v Hurlford. Superb achievement and hopefully the run doesn't end here. Continue doing what you've been doing lads and you just never know. All the best to everyone down at The Beltane.

Edited by GAVT67
spelling

1 hour ago, Didye Aye said:

Yes, I'm sure that someone will take some photos - which is great - but you guys have been there 4 out of the last 5 years.......... so you'll be scunnered looking at photos. Wishaw have been at this stage once in the last 85 years - so I am hoping that they will organise for it to be recorded as well - for the team, the committee and the supporters all to be able to get copies ...... I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much!?

Maybe the magic lantern from 1935 can be coaxed back into action? Seriously, I'd be pretty certain there will be something recorded, my fear is more that it may make for a bit of a scary movie if everyone is caught up in the occasion and a very strong Hurlford team who know this stage of the tournament like the back of their hand exploit that. I took my wee camera along to the Yoker game (40 quid from Wishy Tesco ten years ago) and it even started videoing stuff (when I pushed the wrong button) so with all the hi-tech stuff about nowadays I'd reckon someone will be recording proceedings for posterity.

I take it the advert for the game shown on some of the postings was generated at Hurlford's end? It certainly doesn't look like the Beltane, hopefully not an omen of a Port Glasgow type switch coming up (not that I'm paranoid)!

Maybe the magic lantern from 1935 can be coaxed back into action? Seriously, I'd be pretty certain there will be something recorded, my fear is more that it may make for a bit of a scary movie if everyone is caught up in the occasion and a very strong Hurlford team who know this stage of the tournament like the back of their hand exploit that. I took my wee camera along to the Yoker game (40 quid from Wishy Tesco ten years ago) and it even started videoing stuff (when I pushed the wrong button) so with all the hi-tech stuff about nowadays I'd reckon someone will be recording proceedings for posterity.

I take it the advert for the game shown on some of the postings was generated at Hurlford's end? It certainly doesn't look like the Beltane, hopefully not an omen of a Port Glasgow type switch coming up (not that I'm paranoid)!

You’re spot on. The picture is one taken by myself of Blair Park, Hurlford. (Obviously taken when we had better weather).

I had added to the end of some highlights from Saturdays game at Kello Rovers . And at the end of the footage edited it to add details of our next match as well as adding a good luck message to my own team. I decided not to add that as I wanted to give Respect to Wishaw on their own thread. Great achievement for Wishaw and I hope the town turns out for you on Saturday. (Although fingers crossed that my team gets through).

I really hope Wishaw can do the business over the next two weekends. It is a tough ask, given the quality of Hurlford and the fact it's not a one off game, but I think they are more than capable of causing another huge upset if they play to their full potential. It should make a fantastic few weeks for everyone involved at Wishaw - Players, Management, Committee and Supporters. I wish you all the best of luck.

I've been at the Beltane a number of times this season and last, however I have never seen any merchandise on sale. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to purchase strips, scarves or the likes before Saturday?