Wishaw Juniors - Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals

Wishaw Secretary

1 hour ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

The reaction to our reaching the Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals has been truly amazing. We are humbled at the number of messages we have received from well wishers, our friends at other clubs and from the people of Wishaw. Thank you all.  Still living the dream. C'mon The Wishy.

Hopefully you make it all the way along with the 'Well getting to the final of the big one what an achievement that would be for the area.

There's a certain person at Wishaw (non player) who the last few times i've met him has moaned for Scotland about everything. Yet every time i think of Wishaw and him i burst out laughing. I'd just love to have seen his face on Saturday afternoon when that final whistle went.

"Your in the Semi Final, auld yin"

Hopefully by the time i meet him in the next few weeks Wishaw are in the final and he ain't leaving my company without taking a couple of lemonades.

1 hour ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

The reaction to our reaching the Scottish Junior Cup Semi-finals has been truly amazing. We are humbled at the number of messages we have received from well wishers, our friends at other clubs and from the people of Wishaw. Thank you all.  Still living the dream. C'mon The Wishy.

Hi Mr Secretary

It was a truly great day for all at the club and the town hopefully the team goes all the way and what a day that would be what i saw on saturday was remarkable and the team should fear no one now.

All the best Geo.

To all those elitists out there  who think the juniors only revolves around a few teams think again,  those of you who know Bill  Robert and Alex and others know how much work they have put in over the years at times just to survive but as time goes on move the club forward to the heady heights of the Scottish Cup semi-final.

To other smaller clubs take note what can be done by hard work and determination.

Good Luck in the semi final       and mind my ticket for the final.

3 hours ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

Living the dream indeed when we recall that only a few years ago the team was unable to play mid-week fixtures at the Sports Centre  lest some unfortunate player got a javelin in the napper as the local athletic club 'worked oot'.

Since then the progress made by the club has been nothing short of remarkable and the success,both on and off the park,is down to the efforts of as decent and amiable a bunch of guys as we can hope to meet in Junior fifba'.

And who's to say that  the dream  ends at the semi-finals? This is a Wishy side playing with self-belief,with strikers who are capable of scoring at any level in this grade,and with every player prepared to contest every ball and fight until the final whistle. So when we read of the other three remaining clubs hoping to get Wishy in the draw,it really could be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

The dream lives on and,since it's known that you're partial to a bit of Bruce,here's the Boss with an appropriate song....:)

It's a tremendous achievement. I suppose the fans of the other 3 sides will see a 2 legged match v Wishy as a free pass to the final but they obviously have the good home record to fall back on and the history of these 2 leg games doesn't show many humpings even in the big team v wee team clashes. 

The thing is this;  whoever gets Wishaw will be happy but there will always be that creeping fear of a humiliating defeat that we've seen cripple sides in the past, so who knows.  Would love to see them in the final 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

It's a tremendous achievement. I suppose the fans of the other 3 sides will see a 2 legged match v Wishy as a free pass to the final but they obviously have the good home record to fall back on and the history of these 2 leg games doesn't show many humpings even in the big team v wee team clashes. 

The thing is this;  whoever gets Wishaw will be happy but there will always be that creeping fear of a humiliating defeat that we've seen cripple sides in the past, so who knows.  Would love to see them in the final 

I dont want Wishaw in the semi's,they can play with freedom and no nerves as they will not be expected to win over two legs.Talbot have been burned at Wishaw before,not too long ago.Nope i would rather face Hurlford,you know what your getting and no surprises.

It’s a brilliant story and Darvel and plenty teams like us would love to be in ur shoes , my dad passed  away a couple of years ago but since 1976 every time he had a few drinks In him he loved telling stories about at that time the road to hampden and the actual final itself where Bo’ness beat us but guys no harm to the other teams left in it I hope it’s ur year , it gives hope to every wee junior team in Scotland that with hard work and the right attitude and no shortage of ability that Roy of the rovers stories can actually happen 

Everybody loves an underdog story, and this one's a cracker - in a way Wishaw are "our" Leicester City and I hope they go all the way.

Think Wishaw will find everyone in the game aside from those involved with the team they're drawn against will be wishing them well for the semi.

A fantastic achievement. Well done to everyone involved at the club. 

Although... I can`t help but wonder how John Brogan must feel just now.  After all it`s pretty much his team that`s achieved this success on the park but suddenly everyone seems to have forgotten about him.  No disrespect to the new management team intended as you`ve certainly taken up where John left off admirably and I wish you every success for the rest of the season.

Although... I can`t help but wonder how John Brogan must feel just now.  After all it`s pretty much his team that`s achieved this success on the park but suddenly everyone seems to have forgotten about him.  No disrespect to the new management team intended as you`ve certainly taken up where John left off admirably and I wish you every success for the rest of the season.

Was it not chris mcgroarty's team not john brogan ? [emoji848]

1 hour ago, JamesCanon said:

Thank you for your very kind comments.

The squad of players at the Club at the present time has been a number of years in the making.  The majority of the players joined during either John McKeown or Chris McGroarty's time with the Club although several pre-date that.  John Brogan brought 3 players to the club, two of whom are younger lads on development loans and who will return to their respective parent Clubs in due course.  We very much appreciate being given the opportunity to work with those players and play a part in their development. 

We fully appreciate the contributions and hard work which all of our previous managers and their respective backroom teams  have done for the Club no matter the circumstances of their leaving and we genuinely wish them all the best for the future.  

This has been  been a most unusual but interesting season for us and we still have a long way to go yet.