Mid week games announce

combineharvester

That’s the start of the madness announced for 11th April and 18th April (both weds) no Monday night games as yet been posted 

might sound obsessed but still no league fixtures for wishaw upto 18th April and that’s with mid week started so after that they hv 20 league ties still lolol 

Just now, glensmad said:

Possibly because of the Scottish Junior Cup semi finals, no midweek matches before the two legs for the semi finalists.

Yeah I’ve read that b4 I’m jist thinking of the chaos of it all....thought  some teams would hv had games mon 16th also

If Wishaw were to play every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday after 21st April, their 20 league fixtures would take them up to the 1st week in June. That's not taking into account a potential free week before a Scottish Junior Cup Final, and they're still in two other cups as well. This is a real problem with the season having to be finished by the 3rd Saturday in June.

As per usual the fixtures man makes an arse of this.

Wishaw are screwing up the rest of the league and possibly screwing up any chance of promotion that they may have.  Teams that they have to play could possibly be waiting weeks to play one game against them:

Appreciate that Wishaw have reached the Semis of the Scottish but from what I read, these fixtures are 14th and 22nd of April, therefore why not give Wishaw games as follows:

Monday 9th April

Monday 16th April

That way they are not being asked to to play on the Wednesday before the cup Semi games, but why not the Monday?  Given that Wishaw are still in the two other cups, what happens if they make it through these first rounds?  Surely they will play a makeshift team in these games, as no doubt the subs and those not stripped will be desperate to play to try and lay down a claim to a starting place in the cup semis?

It may be the case that Wishaw are going to have to play Sunday, Tuesday Thursday one week and Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday the following.  This would allow the fixtures man to get 8 games in within a two week period, instead of Monday Wednesday Saturday each week, meaning only six games.

The other thing to remember here is that whilst Dundee's postponements (5) were outwith Wishaw's control (4) were at Wishaw and subsequently (2) against Yoker, the other postponement was Yoker away in the first week of the season.

There is a distinct possibility that teams that wishaw still have to play at the mid to lower end of the table will have begun to lose players to holidays, loss of interest, etc etc, but the time these games get paid.  On the positive side for Wishaw, given that a suspension takes six days to kick in according to the rules, any player accumulating points based suspensions may have played 4/5 games from when the suspension would normally have kicked in and a player receiving a red and being suspended would be in the same circumstances.  If the wishaw secretary and management team are switched on to this they could use rotation to ensure that suspensions kick in at the right time for them.

I have to stick up for Fixtures Man here. I believe the rules state that a team should not be allocated a fixture in the midweek prior to the Scottish Junior Cup semi finals, certainly that was the case when we reached this stage five years ago and had a backlog of league matches as well. Fixtures Man cannot just allocate them fixtures on the Monday night because it would help out the situation, because the rules prohibit it.

If Wishaw were to ask for fixtures those midweeks that could possibly be a different scenario, however.

The nightmare scenario is that Wishaw finish 4th in the league - they could end up playing off against someone who hasn't played for the best part of a month, the same thing happened to Sauchie a couple of years ago, they finished around 4 weeks before the play off took place owing to the fixture situation in the lower league and were then utterly bodied in the play off games.

15 minutes ago, Theapprentice said:

And when has the fixtures man applied the rules, or even motions at an AGM - All fixtures to be released by x date, as agreed at the AGM - Fixtures man "a feck it, I will just ignore the AGM"

Well, that's true.

Posted this is other thread there’s no common sense 

few week back wishaw game against yoker   at holm Park was off due to waterlogged park ...  the fixture man should hv provisionally booked wishaw to play port away jist in case ... travel arrangements wouldn’t hv been harmed 

but no wasn’t done and port with 4g Park were idol and so were wishaw

12 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

How dare wishaw do well for themselves and reach the Scottish cup semis lol.

Wishaw using rotation? Tune in mate they're a junior team like us all with guys who probably will be unavailable midweek at times etc . They're not man city mate in terms of squad rotation and will need to go with the guys they've got all the way through . 

Crikey, you'd think everybody in our league would be wishing Wishaw the best of luck rather than sniping at the guys.

28 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Crikey, you'd think everybody in our league would be wishing Wishaw the best of luck rather than sniping at the guys.

I think you've totally missed the point of the previous post.

1 hour ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

How dare wishaw do well for themselves and reach the Scottish cup semis lol.

Wishaw using rotation? Tune in mate they're a junior team like us all with guys who probably will be unavailable midweek at times etc . They're not man city mate in terms of squad rotation and will need to go with the guys they've got all the way through . 

Hold on a minute, my eyes must have been deceiving me on Saturday when I watched this game.  Wishaw had a full bench, plus four players not stripped, therefore have at least 8 players who are not regularly starting a game.  Add in the goal keeper not changing, then it seems that they have enough bodies to rotate people. Granted getting time off work will be difficulty for people, particularly with the 6:30 kick off times.

Also in absolutely no way am I sniping at Wishaw, they have done a tremendous job in getting where they are!  I am just pointing out the difficulties and actually my OP was trying to suggest a solution to get the games played to ensure that wishaw face teams in their league who have not already lost their squad by the time they come to play them, or have sat doing nothing for a month.

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

I have to stick up for Fixtures Man here. I believe the rules state that a team should not be allocated a fixture in the midweek prior to the Scottish Junior Cup semi finals, certainly that was the case when we reached this stage five years ago and had a backlog of league matches as well. Fixtures Man cannot just allocate them fixtures on the Monday night because it would help out the situation, because the rules prohibit it.

If Wishaw were to ask for fixtures those midweeks that could possibly be a different scenario, however.

The rules are long and convoluted but I can't find anything in either the SJFA Constitution & Rules OR those of the West Region that states anything at all about allocation or non-allocation of fixtures in the week prior to semi-finals or finals, only that:

"On dates fixed for the Semi-Finals and Final of the Scottish
Junior Cup no games shall take place within a 25 mile radius of the
venue of such games and no games shall take place in any of the
Regions from which the competing Clubs come."

So is there a rule somewhere that I haven't found? Or is it just established practice, which could be ignored?

They do attempt to give semi final clubs a free week leading up to the tie. That was ok when it was one game but now that it's two its simply another case of Scottish cup holding back fixtures. Wishaw have to get games played , they could play on the Monday and their semi opponents as well , giving no advantage.

Going by the dates above when shotts had to cram in a lot of fixtures they played the midweek of the Scottish cup final so why can’t they arrange fixtures the Monday before or between the semi finals to help with the wishaw situation

Archived