St Mirren vs Dumbarton - 19:45 - 27th March

We were outstanding tonight. An absolute stroll.

Last 7 home games, 7 wins and no goals conceded. We never do that.

Morgan's 2nd goal was stunning, as you'd expect.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top performance from everyone in a saints jersey tonight. Fantastic save from Samson, 2 great goals from Morgan, mcginn and magennis ran the midfield and cammy Smith was outstanding. 5-0 flattered as poor a Dumbarton side as I have seen for many years.

This season almost feels like a reverse of last season for us.

In November/December of this campagin we were sitting in a decent position, playing some nice football and (most of all) winning games. Since then things have just gone downhill, to such an extent I actually can't really be bothered watching us attempt to scrape a 1-0 win.

That is exactly how I felt at the time of Bonnyrigg game, where we could've played Dumbarton Accies and I still wouldn't have fancied our chances.

Have to hope the momentum swings if we're to have any chance in the playoffs.

Was their any acknowledgement tonight at half time or before the game regarding the death of a buddie supporter who passed away last week ?
help a friend out please [emoji4]

Don’t think so - I certainly never heard anything

Was their any acknowledgement tonight at half time or before the game regarding the death of a buddie supporter who passed away last week ?
help a friend out please [emoji4]

There seemed to me to be some continuous applause in the First half from the Main stand about something.

All things considered, that was still pretty spectacular tonight.

The short, sharp passing in confined spaces. 3 of the 5 goals being very pleasing on the eye. The ease with which we cut through Dumbarton time and time again. Kyle Hutton getting more kicks at Saints players than he did at the ball.

All made for an enjoyable stroll.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

For us to turn in something resembling a semi competent performance. Even if it does result in a defeat.

THIS, with knobs on.  Sure, Saints are Champions elect and sure, they moved effortlessly thro the gears tonight and totally deserved their very comfortable win, but any Sons fan in attendance who does not recognise a white flag performance from their team really needs to take a look at themself.  This had little to do with Saturday's Cup Final and everything to do with a collective failure to compete.  From the first minute to the last we were a disorganised shambles with  the body language of a beaten team, evidently shorn of belief and confidence.

I've praised the Team Management and the playing staff for their efforts over what has been a very difficult season, but that was a serious kick in the stones tonight.  Defeats we can accept, but not embarrassing capitulations.

Good luck to Saints, deserved champs.

A wee stat I hadn’t actually thought of on Andy’s Twitter. We have 2 wins from 24 (Yes, 24) league games against teams who aren’t Brechin. Inverness and Saints were the two teams to fall.

I think that says a lot.

Edit: And I should say that both ICT and St Mirren finished with 10 men in those games.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

About to win the league and still obsessed with Stuart Carswell.

It will never end my friend. What with this being the last ever Saints & Dumbarton shared thread I thought I'd give him a mention. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He tried to throw the boot about late on and just missed Cammy Smith with what would have been a sore one ,  a point not lost on JR who had a wee confrontation with him after the final whistle !

X I said earlier in the season I wouldn't single out players as we are what we are but tonight was very poor.

we didn't muster a single attack in the second half . First half we played ok but lost 2 easy goals. Gallagher dowse c gal ok.birt smith nisbet pass marks first half. The rest no no no 

i questioned in January the faith in Andy Stirling as some kind of saviour. Tonight he was Andy Stirling of 18 months ago

froxy no.

please let's not use Saturday as any kind of excuse.

target is to prepare for the play off matches not continue is this mode

good luck saints.despite soft opposition you looked like a good side tonight 

i questioned in January the faith in Andy Stirling as some kind of saviour. Tonight he was Andy Stirling of 18 months ago

Because he's not a central attacking midfielder, he's an out and out winger.

He's been one of our better players since his return playing in his natural position. Considering Aitken has tried him in that position a few times in the past and it's been obvious he can't play there I'm astounded he tried it again whilst we had Froxy out wide against the most dangerous wide man in the league.

Archived