St Mirren vs Dumbarton - 19:45 - 27th March

2-0 going on about 4 or 5-1 (Samson's save can't possibly have been as good as it looked?!)
Stirling in the middle with Froxy wide makes no sense. Dowie aside the defence are in disarray. Mango seems to be playing at LB, Dick appears to be spending his evening on the halfway line, and David Smith against Lewis Morgan is pretty much going as expected.
Kyle Hutton is having one of his horrific days as well. Which isn't ideal.
Samson save was that good

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us to turn in something resembling a semi competent performance. Even if it does result in a defeat.

You can only beat the team in front of you; st mirren are miles in front of us in every way. Its not that we've not tried; we're just not very good.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Think it'll be a nervy one tonight and end 1-0 - just not sure who to. Hopefully we have more success at breaking down Dumbarton than we did in the last home game against them. I see from the papers Tom Walsh is out so that's a positive as he was probably Dumbarton's best player in that win (not just because he scored).

Had forgotten until reading the previews that after we lost the Diddy Cup Final last season we promptly bodied Ayr United and were 4-0 up after about half an hour. Not saying we'll be the victims of that but shows we can't assume Dumbarton's heads will be down just because they lost.

What a fucking tit.

FT 5-0

Second half even better than the first. Another belter from Morgan to round it off and a well deserved scoreline.

Dumbarton looked leggy after their cup final exploits at the weekend and we were fresh and well up for it.

Time for the engraver to get our name on the Championship trophy.

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

On the positive side I'm already passing the Airport.

St Mirren are obviously a good team, but we didn't get close to them. Absolutely dire.

Hope your no texting while driving So8 :o

Think I'll give the rest of the Season a miss, someone wake me up for the Play-Offs please, even then I'll be viewing through my fingers :wacko:

Archived