St Mirren vs Dumbarton - 19:45 - 27th March

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 Saints, with two of the goals coming late on*

*Terms and conditions apply. 3-0 home wins are subject to change at short notice.... diddy West Stand linesmen, an appearance by Willie Collum, Stelios going mental and lamping someone with an elbow. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

54 minutes ago, Div said:

Sons the last team to score in Paisley on league business, way back on December 2nd, and the only team to have won a Championship meeting on our patch since the end of January 2017.

I hope that defeat is still fresh in the memory of our lads and we finally give the Sons a good old fashioned tonking.

I suspect however it will most likely be fairly grim and we will win 1-0.

Still I'd take that right now if offered!

Saints have a completely full squad to choose from, other than the 130 players we currently have out on loan.

Your  post is appreciated Div, and is in contrast to some from your fellow Saints fans.  Let me assure them that not one Sons fan has enjoyed the fare on offer this season, but when your owners have invested not one thin dime (copyright F.McCann) into the playing finances over a number of years then trench warfare becomes the order of the day.  A roll call of long term absences this term has hardly helped .

That's not a plea in mitigation, just a statement of plain fact and we fear there may be some dark days still to come, off the pitch, and probably quite soon.  Anyway, here's hoping for a contest of sorts tomorrow evening. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I'm almost certain they offer it to away fans too.

Smashing, I thought that would be the case. If not then the home end will be enhanced by a devilishly handsome young chap, sitting quietly and barely celebrating as Gavin Reilly rolls in the fourth.

Take it students count as concessions? It's listed for the home end on the website, but not the away stand.

Fairly sure that’s the case mate. Bring a matric card or whatever they are called these days, because they will check!

Quite incredible to believe that we've only lost once in 14 months at home in the league. I hadn't even clicked that it had been so long. 

Typically, it was a defeat in a game where I attended hospitality. Our home record this season is Won 12, Drew 1, lost 1.

Guess which two games I attended in hospitality.  :lol:

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Quite incredible to believe that we've only lost once in 14 months at home in the league. I hadn't even clicked that it had been so long. 

Typically, it was a defeat in a game where I attended hospitality. Our home record this season is Won 12, Drew 1, lost 1.

Guess which two games I attended in hospitality.  :lol:

Are you doing hospitality for your last home game? ;) 

This will cause me some abuse but here it is

if we lose tonight and the Indian sign Sons have had over us in recent years continues.

I can honestly say if we could help Sons keep up their amazing record in the division.

Get  something from tonight and we could draw the sneckies closer to a playoff place.

as long as Saints take care of business on Saturday 

win win for both 8)

2 hours ago, Young gun said:

if we lose tonight and the Indian sign Sons have had over us in recent years continues.

I can honestly say if we could help Sons keep up their amazing record in the division.

Get  something from tonight and we could draw the sneckies closer to a playoff place.

win win for both 8)

Nah, not for me. I'd rather take on ICT with them benefiting from a bit of breathing space. Sorry Sons.

3 hours ago, Young gun said:

win win for both 8)

A win tonight and a win on Saturday. There's no place for niceties when there's a title and promotion at stake.

4 hours ago, Young gun said:

win win for both 8)

I couldn’t give a flying F what results suit Dumbarton or ICT. I wouldn’t expect their fans to give two hoots about St Mirren either.

Archived