The Duel for the Crown

Have heard a few times that Kelty have a club mentality that they are village side who are humble, with a work ethic and teamwork etc.

Looked today that it was LTHV who worked harder for the greater good of the team.

have to hand it to the them to dig in like that for their 3rd game in 4 days. No coincidence 2 boys went off injured first half either, by next Saturday they may be struggling to field a team with all these games.

that said, Kelty should not have lost, they have only themselves to blame.

have to get the finger out and finally produce against LTHV who are becoming a serious bogey team.

today showed the limitations of the diamond midfield, hopefully next week shows their strengths.

LTHV deserve a lot of credit on the pitch.  They have been the best team and won every match against Kelty so far.  As has been obvious for a long time, they could be a good Lowland League side (if they get the licence at some point).

Off the pitch, they've not covered themselves in glory recently.  Would have been a hell of a lot better if they'd kept quiet in the last few days and simply done their talking on the park.   A bit disappointing to see although I'm sure that they won't care as long as they win the league.  

Most tense game I have been at for some time! Kelty will be gutted at losing given their second half dominance and missed pen/chances. Fair play to Lothian they fought really hard to get the win and were right up for it. Big big game next week! 

7 hours ago, stanley said:

Off the pitch, they've not covered themselves in glory recently.  Would have been a hell of a lot better if they'd kept quiet in the last few days and simply done their talking on the park.   A bit disappointing to see although I'm sure that they won't care as long as they win the league.  

Everyone too quick on focusing on the negatively of it all, no one wanting to post the positive stuff

50C076BC-2AFE-4B26-B575-298D43EFC925.jpeg

13 hours ago, gogsy said:

Felt we had the  bulk of the play, created nearly all the chances and their keeper had three great saves to keep them ahead. :)

The keeper was outstanding in the Scottish Cup tie between the sides too. 

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Non League Twatters more like - if you are going to sneer at support and facilities then it has to be said that maybe watching non-league football isn't for you.

Same with them in Scotland as south of the border then... I remember reading a negative article about the facilities of a local 9th tier club near where I lived at the time (Derby). For a tiny club with an average attendance of around 100 the facilities there are quite decent. You can hardly expect a Conference standard ground...

I'm planning to go on Saturday. Haven't been to Kelty yet, so it will be another new ground for me. Looking forward to it. Are there any decent bars near the ground for a pre-match drink?

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Same with them in Scotland as south of the border then... I remember reading a negative article about the facilities of a local 9th tier club near where I lived at the time (Derby). For a tiny club with an average attendance of around 100 the facilities there are quite decent. You can hardly expect a Conference standard ground...

I'm planning to go on Saturday. Haven't been to Kelty yet, so it will be another new ground for me. Looking forward to it. Are there any decent bars near the ground for a pre-match drink?

Get a drink at the park

6 hours ago, Marten said:

Has to be said kelty facilties are absolutely outstanding. 

19 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Question is, do LT go for it on Wednesday for the win, to then just need a draw on Saturday, or gamble and rest players for Saturday, but maybe need to win at kelty ??

I had the exact same thought process.

I suspect 2 or 3 will be dropped as they know that Tynie are likely to have to do the same as some of them will be running on empty too. 

So I think I will venture down to yahoorsur land for the 1st time since they exited the Joonyers.

McBookie have Kelty as 5/6 to win the match, which with their terrible margins on Non League actually means they have Lothian as favourites to take the point or win that will give them the title.

It is close enough still for them to call it a toss of a coin.

Anyway Kelty who average over 6 per league game have to do what they have failed in 360 of minutes against Lothian, and score a goal.

Lothian have 5 league clean sheets in a row since their remarkable 5-5 draw with Leith

I am looking forward to my 1st venture into EOS territory.

I think Kelty will finally break the hoodoo.

It’s gonna be a tough one , totally pray that kelty do it but Lthv are nae mugs and are somewhat of a bogey team for kelty at the moment but law of averages n that , well who knows ?? Just know the kelty boys will go out and do best they can like every other match and wish them awe the best whatever the result , it’s been a great journey so far in first Eosl season 

Aye time for talking and mind games is nearly over, time for the players to get it on. Someone’s could be a hero tomorrow, hopefully it’s played in good spirit and all the talk is about the football. Best of luck to both teams, both a credit to this once defunct sorry looking league and remember this, the Eos league might no be such a bad place to be next season for the loser (and of course even the winner) I’ll go with a 1 0 scoreline for whoever scores first