The Exciting Race for the Premiership Playoffs

Playoff poll  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be playing in the final in May?

2. 2. Will the Championship team win the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/18 at 14:00

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thanks for playing, Morton.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c9d18dd00a12cdbe7063700c734e5f49.jpg

Sadly, since Duffy started fucking about with the line up for the Livi game before our Scottish Cup exit, we just haven’t. It’s been obvious we’re finishing 6th for weeks...

That's us confirmed in the playoffs. Outstanding achievement given I was totally unconvinced with Hopkin as late as January last year. The team has moved up several gears since then, great credit goes to the manager.

5 points will confirm 2nd spot. Need to get the first 3 next week against Brechin.

Truly staggering that Dundee Utd are going to shamble their way into the playoffs again. Another predictable and mildly amusing arse collapse from Morton.

Think I fancy Dunfermline to be playing the Premiership side.

As with any of the three though, imagine they wont have quite enough.

2 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

Could Dundee Utd still chuck it?

A loss to Brechin in midweek and ICT on form (that needs to win all of their games) could see them drop out of the top 4.

We have a game in hand on you, so you should be just as worried tbh.

We’re bound to burn out before we play at Cappielow in a fortnight. I think we’ve got one more win in us and that’ll be that.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’re bound to burn out before we play at Cappielow in a fortnight. I think we’ve got one more win in us and that’ll be that.

If you make it to that game knowing a win gets you there then you're either going to be up against a team whose fans are boycotting in the hope of getting their idiot manager sacked, or a team whose fans are only attending to hound their idiot manager out of the club by creating a poisonous atmosphere.

I'm not one for reading much into crowds influencing games, but that isn't going to be a nice atmosphere for your opponents to play in.

Naturally delighted that we’ve made it with three games to spare, it wasn’t something anyone predicted at the start of the season which makes it even more enjoyable. My main concern for us now is that we’ve ran out of steam, looked quite leggy against St Mirren today so hopefully we can get a win on the board next week against Brechin and see how things lie after that. My big fear is having to go to Tannadice on the last day of the season needing something to finish 2nd; beyond that, our complete failure to figure out Dunfermline will be our downfall, one way or another.

Play-offs have been a great addition to this league IMO, imagine if everything was wrapped up at this point? Would make for a very boring season.

Yup, if Caley win on Tuesday then next weekend is a massive game. If we win it, we're definitely in the play-offs and if we lose then I'd say we're almost finished.

Didn't think there was a chance in hell Livingston would be in the top four before the season started so incredible stuff from them. Well done.

lawl Morton. Think they've finally decided on DUFFY BAD.

I said after the first game of the season that Livi would be top four and people laughed. It's nice to be right sometimes. I also said United would end up running away with the league mind you.

Inverness had a great run going before we beat them in that midweek game at East End and it looks like they're on another good run now. Dumbarton can still avoid the playoffs but it looks unlikely so who knows how they'll be feeling for this coming midweek. It is quite hard to do the double over a team when the games are played consecutively though. It would be hilarious if results could still go in a way that United don't qualify but that seems unlikely.

When you think of the games we could have won this season it’s a massive failure not to get into the playoffs.

To go into the season with one, maybe two, central midfielders is a joke and has cost us ten points at least. 

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I said after the first game of the season that Livi would be top four and people laughed. It's nice to be right sometimes. I also said United would end up running away with the league mind you.

Inverness had a great run going before we beat them in that midweek game at East End and it looks like they're on another good run now. Dumbarton can still avoid the playoffs but it looks unlikely so who knows how they'll be feeling for this coming midweek. It is quite hard to do the double over a team when the games are played consecutively though. It would be hilarious if results could still go in a way that United don't qualify but that seems unlikely.

Livi completely outplayed us on opening day, I think most of us that day saw a team that was capable of finishing top 4, but maybe didn't believe they'd be as strong as they have been. I don't remember them being on a stupid, long winless run like we have done. If we'd even scrambled a win during that we'd be almost neck and neck.

These things happen from time to time, it's soul destroying at the time and shite to look back on but we've done incredibly well to get back into the position we are in now. It's in our hands and that's what we want.

Archived