Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

In two seasons.. You join the mighty Elgin, (4) Dumbarton (4)  and Brechin (3) to be on the receiving end of him.

Splendid....

Excellent highlights first of all very good quality and decent length of video. Decent performance from Dunfermline but we looked laboured. Did look like the Pars could pass the ball around without worrying about pressure from our players or at least had a moment to look around for team mate. Gutted for queens. The season is slowly looking like ending mid table or lower. Flash has highlighted some stats these last few weeks and it really is grim reading. I still back Naysmith however support for him and the club will continue to dwindle, if we carry on like this.  

6 hours ago, Freddie said:

Todd is wide on the touch line, Thomson plays the pass to switch it and Todd at same time moves in. Thomson was only telling him to stay wide. Hardly throwing arms up for goodness sake.

So we have one (or two) passes which has impacted his passing accuracy on the day.  He was easily queens best player on the day . 

The only difference on the day was Nicky Clark being clinical  with his finishing. 

And Scott Mercer getting sent to the juniors by Fraser Aird, and Darren Brownlie largely being in a different game from everyone else, and the team being set up totally wrong in the first half. Apart from that it was fine margins really.

Oaft, the absolute state of that Qots defence at our first goal. Screenshot_20180401-170521.thumb.png.30ba12b17c6e6ce5f1ca7dc4e13b2c40.png

I mean I appreciate that Clark is free but fucking hell, look at McManus aswell! It's not like they were caught on the counter and they didn't have a chance to organise themselves. 

Screenshot_20180401-170640.thumb.png.6e25d0880b0dadc6a866e51747e03a21.png

That's taken just before it gets given to Aird out wide and the Qots defence is set up just fine, all that McManus does is run of Fordyce and it completely ruins your defence. Rather than letting the centre midfielder come out wide to help double up on Aird he goes rushing out wide which let's McManus go into the box unopposed, Brownlie takes up a position where he hopes to try and get to McManus as well as covering Clarke and really does neither. 

Really, really poor from your defence and midfield, Fordyce is just as culpable as Brownlie. 

Our defence is utter shite at defending crosses. I've put the stats up earlier. How we have failed to improve in this area is baffling considering the level our manager played at.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Oaft, the absolute state of that Qots defence at our first goal. Screenshot_20180401-170521.thumb.png.30ba12b17c6e6ce5f1ca7dc4e13b2c40.png

I mean I appreciate that Clark is free but fucking hell, look at McManus aswell! It's not like they were caught on the counter and they didn't have a chance to organise themselves. 

That's taken just before it gets given to Aird out wide and the Qots defence is set up just fine, all that McManus does is run of Fordyce and it completely ruins your defence. Rather than letting the centre midfielder come out wide to help double up on Aird he goes rushing out wide which let's McManus go into the box unopposed, Brownlie takes up a position where he hopes to try and get to McManus as well as covering Clarke and really does neither. 

Really, really poor from your defence and midfield, Fordyce is just as culpable as Brownlie. 

Yep it really is piss poor and sadly a theme rather than an unusual event. 48 goals conceded (and counting) tells its own story.

We’d seen Clark score 41 in a season for us so we know what he can do, pity nobody told our defence!

At the third, Clark was in the box with Fordyce (I think) tight on him. When the ball was launched in Clark did something really sneaky - he ran fast towards the ball! Left the defender a yard behind, got a free header.

I was sitting near an ‘occasional’ Queens fan, and I explained early on our RB has been our weak spot (OK one of our weak spots) all season. As it was yesterday. 

Oh well, on to Falkirk....

I'm surprised Mercer struggled yesterday as he had been playing fairly consistent before he was dropped a few games ago for no apparent reason other than squad rotation with 5 games in a fortnight.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Fordyce does needlessly go out wide but once hes there its pretty simple for Brownlie to take McManus and Marshall to tuck in onto Clark. Both are far more at fault than Fordyce.

Buts thats nit-picking really,  none of the players in the box are in the right position.

On the subject of Fordyce he tends to get the benefit of the doubt when the post match analysis kicks in. The reality is that apart from a brief spell when he was out injured he has basically played in every game and my own view is that he has been lost since Kerr returned to St Johnstone.

While the defence had its moments with Kerr in the ranks since he has left we have been leaking goals right left and centre.The Brownlie Fordyce partnership is sadly not fit for purpose and for me both guys are equally culpable. It doesn't help that they have to constantly worry about what is happening on the right side of our defence when either Mercer or Rooney is in situ.

We actually have two defensive midfielders who rarely stray forward so it is not as though our midfield players are charging forward leaving massive gaps for the opposition to exploit.

Guest Flash

I would bin that entire League 1 defence before they drag us down there with them. Before they go, they can all write a thank you note to Dobbie for saving their arses 2 seasons running.

Nice to see Thomas jogging back to defend. Hope it wasn’t too much trouble for him.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I hope Gav Hawk enjoyed that yesterday. 

Was great to see the result come through yesterday. Really decent chance to finish top four now, with three home games to come. Good run of form, even if our performances haven't apparently been outstanding.

Yep really enjoyed that yesterday, giving Clark the freedom of Fife in our defending.

Some supporter you that you can't even make it to your home games!

Archived