VR driving simulator centre

JamieT1314

I’ve got a steering wheel etc in the games room, I’m not being a dick here but would this be any better than what I’ve got? Is the seat on hydraulics and moves around when braking, cornering?

On 3/24/2018 at 22:43, Dindeleux said:

I’ve got a steering wheel etc in the games room, I’m not being a dick here but would this be any better than what I’ve got? Is the seat on hydraulics and moves around when braking, cornering?

Pretty sure it'll be better than your wii steering wheel & Mario Kart.

• 1 month later...

I went to this place last week and it was fucking brilliant. I was with a group of 4 and there was another group of 6 in so we were all racing each other. It's all on Project Cars 2 and we did Formula Rookie on Donnington, Ginettas on Knockhill, Ferrari 458 on Road America, Porsche 911 GT3 on Laguna Seca, Formula Renault on Spa and something else I can't remember. You get right into it because the VR & motion of the seat over the bumps (especially Knockhill) does make you feel like you're there, as stupid as that sounds.

If you're thinking about going I couldn't recommend it enough. Definitely worth it. 

51 minutes ago, Dave said:

I went to this place last week and it was fucking brilliant. I was with a group of 4 and there was another group of 6 in so we were all racing each other. It's all on Project Cars 2 and we did Formula Rookie on Donnington, Ginettas on Knockhill, Ferrari 458 on Road America, Porsche 911 GT3 on Laguna Seca, Formula Renault on Spa and something else I can't remember. You get right into it because the VR & motion of the seat over the bumps (especially Knockhill) does make you feel like you're there, as stupid as that sounds.

If you're thinking about going I couldn't recommend it enough. Definitely worth it. 

Cheers Dave - I'm going.

I went for the unlimited package which is 6-9 for £35 during the week. You do 15 min races followed by a wee 5-10 minute break, which is ideal because you're allowed to bring a few cans in with you.

I went for the unlimited package which is 6-9 for £35 during the week. You do 15 min races followed by a wee 5-10 minute break, which is ideal because you're allowed to bring a few cans in with you.

What are the rules with opponents being dicks? Do you get warnings similar to go-karting?

Not asking this question for me but I have a mate who is an absolute dick and would probably end up embarrassing me if I took him as he would want to scrap with anyone who he felt was driving unfairly.

There are no rules, or at least there weren't when we were racing. You can basically do as you please when you're racing, so if someone wants to be a dick then you'll have to deal with that. If he's going to take it too far I'm sure the lads there will give him a time out or something :lol:

Archived