Hungary vs Scotland Tues 27th March

Gordopolis

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think the lack of interest for this campaign is starting to take shape,McLeish EBT has shown the way with his lack of commitment to the cause,the fact he walked away from the Scotland job the last time now the players are doing the same thing this time,how many has pulled out the squad now 5,this will become a problem each time the Scotland squad gets announced.
The apathy from the manager to the players will grow,for me this is the biggest concern going forward.

A great anti-Rangers post from a Celtic fan on a Scotland thread. People have really got to get over McLeish leaving to try to further his career after another failed campaign. He has had one game back, with a new squad, played a team higher in the rankings than us, who have qualified for this World Cup, and who were quarter finalists in the last World Cup. There is no question that the first half in particular was disappointing, but not all that surprising with the number of new caps on the pitch. Do people have no patience or any grip on reality. Let him get these friendlies played, including the ones in June, then look at where we are with the Nations Cup matches. Lots of Scotland fans have been crying out for a change in the squad and this has happened. They have to be given time to find out who is and who isn’t good enough for the long term. It’s as if most folk, journalists included are desperate for him to fail to say “I told you so”.  

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think the lack of interest for this campaign is starting to take shape,McLeish EBT has shown the way with his lack of commitment to the cause,the fact he walked away from the Scotland job the last time now the players are doing the same thing this time,how many has pulled out the squad now 5,this will become a problem each time the Scotland squad gets announced.
The apathy from the manager to the players will grow,for me this is the biggest concern going forward.

Image result for laughter gif

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How much have you actually seen of Cairney? 

Enough to see he is no way any better than McGregor or Armstrong. Even Kenny McLean is a better player. All about opinions but the lad is so overrated and it shows why Strachan never used him.  Kevin McDonald is even more average.

Agree with EK on Cairney...

As for Mr Negative at the top...I am not exactly a paragon of positivity at the best of times but I am trying my best to be upbeat....it doesn't help with the Media and their usual rubbish agendas and looking for stories that aren't there...EG McTominay pulls out so today they are saying that's him done....Last I saw 2 other lads pulled out yet not a single word said?? I know they need angles and stories but I am sick of the negativity.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dont let that get in the way of a dig at Rangers/Sevco though.

Oh absolutely.  What an incredible life some must lead to be so bitter.

But it's part of a wider problem.  I didn't watch the game on Friday, and ended up only catching a wee bit of it on BBC live text.  The article after the game was headlined (admittedly paraphrasing) "McLeish calls for patience".  It was written very much like the sort of thing a beleaguered manager would say as he clings onto the job towards the end of a reign.  People seem absolutely desperate to be able to turn around and say "see, I told you so".  And that's fair enough, but after one game?  And not just one game, one game with an inexperienced squad, playing a new system, in a late season friendly against a side better than them with eyes on the World Cup.  People need to calm their fucking tits.

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A great anti-Rangers post from a Celtic fan on a Scotland thread. People have really got to get over McLeish leaving to try to further his career after another failed campaign. He has had one game back, with a new squad, played a team higher in the rankings than us, who have qualified for this World Cup, and who were quarter finalists in the last World Cup. There is no question that the first half in particular was disappointing, but not all that surprising with the number of new caps on the pitch. Do people have no patience or any grip on reality. Let him get these friendlies played, including the ones in June, then look at where we are with the Nations Cup matches. Lots of Scotland fans have been crying out for a change in the squad and this has happened. They have to be given time to find out who is and who isn’t good enough for the long term. It’s as if most folk, journalists included are desperate for him to fail to say “I told you so”.  

I have already said we have the players to qualify for a major tourney as far as McLeish EBT goes he was a Aberdeen legend as a player as a manager he has been shite,not sure what rangers has to do with anything?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I have already said we have the players to qualify for a major tourney as far as McLeish EBT goes he was a Aberdeen legend as a player as a manager he has been shite,not sure what rangers has to do with anything?

Yeah, I can't see it either.

5 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

Enough to see he is no way any better than McGregor or Armstrong. Even Kenny McLean is a better player. All about opinions but the lad is so overrated and it shows why Strachan never used him.  Kevin McDonald is even more average.

How much is "enough"? I don't want an exact number of minutes, just give me a rough number of games you've seen him play in.

It's funny, when the squad was announced I don't remember anyone saying Cairney was bang average and shouldn't be in the squad, quite the opposite.  Yet now, after 1 performance in a friendly against Costa Rica we have some experts coming out the woodwork to tell us he's in fact bang average and not worth the money that top clubs in England are looking to spend on him. 

24 minutes ago, forameus said:

Oh absolutely.  What an incredible life some must lead to be so bitter.

But it's part of a wider problem.  I didn't watch the game on Friday, and ended up only catching a wee bit of it on BBC live text.  The article after the game was headlined (admittedly paraphrasing) "McLeish calls for patience".  It was written very much like the sort of thing a beleaguered manager would say as he clings onto the job towards the end of a reign.  People seem absolutely desperate to be able to turn around and say "see, I told you so".  And that's fair enough, but after one game?  And not just one game, one game with an inexperienced squad, playing a new system, in a late season friendly against a side better than them with eyes on the World Cup.  People need to calm their fucking tits.

Aye but you're forgetting it's with a manager we all know and none of us rate and nobody wanted.  That's exactly what we expected and now we know we have to sit through two years of this utter shite and possibly blow the easiest chance to qualify in twenty years cause the SFA have appointed an alky weapon.  So it's a bit galling to be told give it a chance.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How much is "enough"? I don't want an exact number of minutes, just give me a rough number of games you've seen him play in.

It's funny, when the squad was announced I don't remember anyone saying Cairney was bang average and shouldn't be in the squad, quite the opposite.  Yet now, after 1 performance in a friendly against Costa Rica we have some experts coming out the woodwork to tell us he's in fact bang average and not worth the money that top clubs in England are looking to spend on him. 

I said that actually

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye but you're forgetting it's with a manager we all know and none of us rate and nobody wanted.  That's exactly what we expected and now we know we have to sit through two years of this utter shite and possibly blow the easiest chance to qualify in twenty years cause the SFA have appointed an alky weapon.  So it's a bit galling to be told give it a chance.

It's galling to you?  Well, at least we're doing something right then given nobody really cares what you think anymore.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I've saw a good handful of Fulham games this season. He actually done ok in these matches but some of the opposition hes up against down there in midfields are horrific. I saw him against Canada and he was also completely crap along with Friday night showing he can't handle the step up to international football.

I have also saw Armstrong and McGregor hold their own internationally and in champions league matches. Kenny Mclean was also far better in the Holland game along with Christie and McGinn. I have saw McArthur play to a much higher standard than cairney as well.

Ross McCormack got bought for massive fees down south and never got a sniff in an era we never had any real good strikers. When he did play he looked out his depth as well. The championship is so far from international football in terms of the way It is played and the style of the opposition. In the championship guys like cairney half the game passes them by over there head.  I don't want to get back in to the argument of championship vs spfl etc etc but spfl players have certainly shown in recent times they can make the step up far more easily than guys from the championship.

Archived