Ant McPartlin

Lofarl

Seems to me that this guy is getting all sort of sympathy in the mainstream and social media.  I can’t be the only one that finds it nauseating.  Had he killed or severely injured someone while pished he be getting calls for being strung up.  Yet looking at the loads of posts on my Facebook page you’d be expecting a knighthood the way people are fawning over him.  

Now I don’t watch I’m a celeb or that takeaway show because I’m not a dribbling fat simpleton.  So I don’t feel any sort of connection with the biker grove lad.  Reading I see he’s going through a nasty divorce and is quite depressed.  Fair enough that’s a hard lot and being rich and famous doesn’t make you immune to life’s problems.  Only far more able to deal with it.

Theres plenty of people on the streets that don’t have the option of a stay in the priory or jetting off to detox.  The sad thing is he’ll get a light sentence and celebs fawning over him soon.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Seems to me that this guy is getting all sort of sympathy in the mainstream and social media.  I can’t be the only one that finds it nauseating.  Had he killed or severely injured someone while pished he be getting calls for being strung up.  Yet looking at the loads of posts on my Facebook page you’d be expecting a knighthood the way people are fawning over him.  

Now I don’t watch I’m a celeb or that takeaway show because I’m not a dribbling fat simpleton.  So I don’t feel any sort of connection with the biker grove lad.  Reading I see he’s going through a nasty divorce and is quite depressed.  Fair enough that’s a hard lot and being rich and famous doesn’t make you immune to life’s problems.  Only far more able to deal with it.

Theres plenty of people on the streets that don’t have the option of a stay in the priory or jetting off to detox.  The sad thing is he’ll get a light sentence and celebs fawning over him soon.

Especially when compared to how they treated George Michael, they were far harder on him.  George made himself far less available to the media, and suffered for it.

Same as in sports journalism - make yourself a friend of the media, you'll get a far easier time of it if your shit ever hits the fan.

45 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Seems to me that this guy is getting all sort of sympathy in the mainstream and social media.

I have no particular like or dislike for Ant and Dec but I agree that he seems to have more sympathy and support that might be expected.  Press coverage seems rather tame compared to what it might have been if someone less popular (say Piers Morgan as an example) were in the situation.

If ppl like you then it doesn't really matter what you do as they'll find a way to excuse it. If they don't like you then even the slightest of misdemeanours, or perceived wrongs and you'll be absolute hung out to dry. It's just human nature.

eta: should add this is in general, there will always be exceptions

Peoples reactions on social media have been fantastic. "Go easy on him as he clear got demons" etc.  It's no bloody excuse - if you drink drive no matter the situation you should be punished.

I'm speaking as somebody who actually quite likes Ant & Dec as presenters.  He obviously needs help but he should have gotten it before going behind the wheel of his car drunk.

He just hasn't been the same since he got blinded paint-balling then tried to commit suicide by bungee jump.

If Gazza pops round his house with a bucket of chicken and a fishing rod we may reach geordie psycho-drama critical mass, triggering a massive explosion of tight t-shirted men with aggressive but very short dogs fighting over girls with names like Racquel and Tina.

Also, he was clearly absolutely fucking gished, could easily have killed someone and I hope the c**t gets the jail.

Never understood why so many celebs get caught drink-driving. Surely if you're that rich then taxis - or even paying someone to hang about and drive you about in your motor as and when you want to go somewhere - is a drop in the ocean. 

42 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never understood why so many celebs get caught drink-driving. Surely if you're that rich then taxis - or even paying someone to hang about and drive you about in your motor as and when you want to go somewhere - is a drop in the ocean. 

They'd probably get John Worboys.

I may go against the grain here.

I think drunk driving is abhorrent and inexcusable, and he deserves any sentence coming to him.

However, I’m sure he knows that and is going through something and mental health which made him disregard that. Whilst not an excuse have some sympathy for someone suffering so much in such a public environment.

He deserves the punishment coming his way, and I have no doubt he’ll think that too, but I hate when people get written off especially in the public eye with no real knowledge of circumstances.

Archived