8 hours ago, Menzel said:

I've kept a record of the worst things I've seen on it. It's mostly arseholes that pretend that they love their job and live to work, or arseholes who actually love their job and live to work. Prime example:

f**k them all.

Image result for cringe face gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent the last 10 years avoiding it like the plague. However, we've all been given a 3 line whip to attend training on how to 'Maximise the impact of our Linkedin profile" in May. Can think of nothing worse. I'm 44 and fairly senior in my role yet considering a sickie that day. 

1 hour ago, PWL said:

I've spent the last 10 years avoiding it like the plague. However, we've all been given a 3 line whip to attend training on how to 'Maximise the impact of our Linkedin profile" in May. Can think of nothing worse. I'm 44 and fairly senior in my role yet considering a sickie that day. 

I don't know.  You could take advantage of this wonderful forum and ask all of us if we have any great suggestions on how you can "maximise the impact of your Linkedin Profile."
I think that would be a brilliant idea if I don't say so myself.

BTW: That WAS my suggestion - don't ask me to make any further suggestions - I can't be bothered!

2 hours ago, PWL said:

Okay.  I lied.  Here is my suggestion.

I am told it is possible to configure your Linkedin Profile so that if anyone goes to it - the CD tray on their computer pops open.

They will find this spooky and try it again - and maybe a third time.

Then they show this to a colleague and eventually their IT department will get involved.

Maybe they will mention this to a friend working at some other place and before you know it - the whole thing will go viral.

This will definitely maximise the impact of your LinkedIn profile - maybe not in a useful way but that is not what you were asked to do in the first place.

12 hours ago, Menzel said:

I've kept a record of the worst things I've seen on it. It's mostly arseholes that pretend that they love their job and live to work, or arseholes who actually love their job and live to work. Prime example:

f**k them all.

Christ, that first one is insane. What’s the c**t’s name? I say we all endorse him for beekeeping, or midwifery, and get it visible as his top competence.

17 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Christ, that first one is insane. 

Plenty more where that came from!

My sister Ani could barely get out of bed.

She wasn’t digesting her food.

And we were all terrified.

Four years ago, she was diagnosed with Lyme disease.

It’s a newer illness.

The treatment is not covered by insurance.

People like my sister spend years and years fighting it.

The US government dismisses it as a passing infection.

My sister had no choice but to leave.

She was forced to close her her successful clothing business.

Packed her bags.

And moved to Mexico.

There, she got $500K worth of treatments for $25K.

It took 2 years.

Her appetite returned.

She was exercising again.

Words cannot begin to describe our relief.

The twist?

She kept herself busy while recovering.

This clinic was saving people’s lives.

But no one knew about it.

So she created an online content strategy, influencer campaigns, and landing pages.

Their revenues tripled.

Today, they’re the most popular Lyme disease treatment center for North Americans.

Ani’s in remission now.

And she’s still keeping busy--

Helping this clinic in Mexico scale up their operation even and save more lives.

The takeaway?

When you’ve got fire inside--

Nothing can stop you.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just had someone trying to connect with me that called themselves an Inventrapreneur.

The other day it was a People Passionista.

Sociapathic c***s is what they are.

The concrete industry has more characters than I imagined.

On 28/03/2018 at 21:33, Menzel said:

Four years ago, she was diagnosed with Lyme disease.

It’s a newer illness.

Eh?

Ticks and Lyme disease have been around for thousands of years. In fact, a recent autopsy on a 5,300-year-old mummy indicated the presence of the bacteria which causes Lyme disease. A German physician, Alfred Buchwald, first described the chronic skin rash, or erythema migrans, of what is now known to be Lyme disease more than 130 years ago.

On 28/03/2018 at 20:33, Menzel said:

Makes sense that Mexico is at the forefront of treating Lyme disease. After all adding it to their beers has probably contributed to many more cases than you would otherwise expect.......I'll get my coat.

Archived