Moat boring season ever?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Under 15s scrapping is at Grahamston station pal. You meet me at the College. Wear a cape and a pair of leggings so I know its you x x

Sorry. Have the usual sicknote for this one. It's quite an unusual reason for non-attendance even by my low standards. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So.. just to clarify, if you're team is doing shit it's a boring season, if not.. it's not. Seems fair, if not a little subjective.

I'd say it's the other way around. Livi and yourselves will have enjoyed it given your respective positions. But as a neutral it's the most boring division in a wee while: St Mirren have had the league wrapped up for a while so there's no excitement at the top. Dumbarton and Brechin have 9th and 10th sown up so there's no drama there either. You could argue that 4th is anybody's game so there is still that, but given it's almost impossible for 4th spot to go up via the play-offs (and 3rd I suppose) then it's no a massive deal in the long term.

Our season can't be described as boring more like ridiculous.
Looked really good in the Summer cup ties and the first half hour at Paisley. All four wheels then fell off resulting in a relegation "battle", manager sacking, Alex Smith having his mini Indian Summer, Roy Loy disappearing, Hartley coming in to no immediate effect, Hartley earning his wages by routing the imposters in January, many new faces arriving, immediate improvement in results and performances, the eyeballs, the absolute destruction of DU and now the anticipation of a further clear out of the remaing dead wood in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Quit whining. OP doesn't know he's born. 24 teams in a division in England out with the Premier League means there is a massive 'middle' every season that, even allowing for more promotion and relegation places, offers far less to play for from New Year onwards. Probably 4 teams, even by Jan/Feb, can already more or less write off their season, leaving aside a freak run of form either positive or negative. By the time you get to April you're looking at six-eight teams whose seasons are done. And by the last weekend, with a couple of places -already sorted at the top and one at the bottom, you're down to 8-10 with something to play for. 

Compare that to spfl league 1 last season (?) or maybe the one before where everyone apart from the champions and one team was playing for something on the last Saturday? Might have been Livi and Airdrie and everyone else could have been either up or down via playoffs

proportionally it may be similar - before someone says that - but proportions don't matter in this game. It only matters if it affects you and numerically we have much more skin in the game in the  last weeks than teams in bigger leagues do

And don't be fooled - as a Brechin fan we have plenty to play for this weekend

2010/11 had a local derby to effectively win the league with just 3 games left in the season in front of, an extremely rare thing for this league (and this country) a completely sold out 11,500 seater stadium.

It was quite comfortably one of the, if not the biggest game in this division's history.

ETA- I can understand why Morton fans wouldn't have enjoyed it as the away end spilled onto the park tbf.

Archived