Ayr United vs Queens Park

The next game of our massive run in here and it’s the third of the bottom 3 teams. We were pretty poor last night but again managed to nick a victory when it looked like it could have been points dropped.

In the 3 games we’ve played vs QP we’ve won them all but they’ve made it hard for us every time. Like Forfar and Albion they’re fighting for their lives and had a great win away at Stranraer recently which shows that they’re not a terrible side.

Think there will be a bit of rotation here.

Ruddy

Geggan

Bell

Rose

Boyle

Forrest

Adams

Kerr

McDaid

Moffat

Shankland

I think he’ll rest Crawford purely because he’s just back from injury and there was talk he’d be rested last night. Forrest didn’t have a good game vs Albion but on a good surface at Somerset I fancy him to get back to his best.

Going for 3-0 Ayr.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a game we can realistically expect to pick anything up. Need to hope for an Ayr off day and a QP performance. That’s certainly not impossible, but we’d need a wee rub of the green that we’ve just not had at all this season.

You wouldn't think it by the results but we've played really well and competed in all 3 matches against Ayr and I don't think we've done that against anyone else. It's just that phenomenal attack that's been the difference. Now, Keena's ploughed his own furrow but some of his team mates, I think, are starting to believe they can get there too. Sean Burns, as a captain should, has picked up the torch and if some of the midfielders can swap urgency for composure  they too can join the rank of heroes. They have the skill, just need the confidence.

Both teams have much to play for. It'll be an open game with plenty of goals. It's the QP way to take the difficult route so we're right on track.

2-3 for The QP

36 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You wouldn't think it by the results but we've played really well and competed in all 3 matches against Ayr and I don't think we've done that against anyone else. It's just that phenomenal attack that's been the difference. Now, Keena's ploughed his own furrow but some of his team mates, I think, are starting to believe they can get there too. Sean Burns, as a captain should, has picked up the torch and if some of the midfielders can swap urgency for composure  they too can join the rank of heroes. They have the skill, just need the confidence.

Both teams have much to play for. It'll be an open game with plenty of goals. It's the QP way to take the difficult route so we're right on track.

2-3 for The QP

Lol

3 hours ago, The Spider said:

to paraphrase the bard, "Pumpee or pumper? That is the question"

Pumpee for big Jamie, pumper for anyone else.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

image.png.a6d1432e9b41749c40caa597a2896777.png

Away form has been pretty good so far...

I admire your optimism, but the old +44 v -28 goal difference is an issue for us. If they’re firing, they’ll win. We need to be lucky at the right times. We’re overdue a bit of that, right enough.

I admire your optimism, but the old +44 v -28 goal difference is an issue for us. If they’re firing, they’ll win. We need to be lucky at the right times. We’re overdue a bit of that, right enough.

It's only -26. Most of that was in the first half of the season when we had no goalscorer and a defence that was shuffled almost weekly. I think it'll be very close.

Archived