Forfar v East Fife

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

FT

Forfar Athletic 2-0 East Fife

Fucking pish, Stranraer won as well so that's us down a place AND they ran out of bridies, i mean for fucks sake it's the only reason folk go there!!!emoji30.png

:lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dean Brotherston ex QOS according to the Courier.

Season over, we went out with a whimper,the team that wanted it more got a deserved 3 points. You would think we would learn, you know what Jim weirs team are all about. They out fought and outmuscled us all over the park. They might not be pretty to watch but they force teams into making mistakes and pick up on the scraps. If they don’t win the ball they are happy to foul you and take the sting out the game. The pitch is past its sell by date and the players really struggle with the bounce of the ball. Both goals all to easy allowing forwards to waltz into the box without laying a glove on them. From an East Fife perspective the 2nd half was diabolical long hopefull punts easily dealt  with by the Forfar defence. Sums up our season really no consistency having said that every time we have played a team who work their socks off and get in our face (Forfar and Queens Park ) we have been 2nd best. Have to credit Forfar Keeper with two world class saves. Can only hope the other East Fife turn up at Stark’s Park on Tuesday or it could be a long night.

Better team won on the day, despite the best efforts from the ref. I cannot believe he didn't give the penalty incident, as he pretty much gave everything else to the fifers.
Matty looked absolutely knackered half way through the second half, Hilson looked to be struggling at times too.
Travis probably had his best game of the season, Bain grew into the match, struggled initially but finished well in control of the man with the bun.
A clean sheet and the other two results going our way. Great day.

Guest bernardblack

That's a cracking 3 points btw. I couldn't make it but by the sounds of things McCallum kept us in the game. I wonder how many points he's won us this season!

21 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

That's a cracking 3 points btw. I couldn't make it but by the sounds of things McCallum kept us in the game. I wonder how many points he's won us this season!

Marc was in fine form yesterday, we are lucky to have him and with Grant on the bench we are not struggling in the keeper department, Travis was excellent too, in fact the whole defence looked comfortable. A well earned three points against a very capable and at times very impressive East Fife side. I think it boils down to there being very little between the teams based on yesterday but we wanted and needed the win more.

A great result made better by the two teams below us and the one immediately above us all losing. Survival in this division is very much in our hands now.

19 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Jeezo East Fife sleeping from two throw ins there

Aye, two well worked goals though.

Very good highlights again.  Aitken unlucky to get booked in my opinion, EF unlucky not to get the penalty, definite tangle of legs at the very least.  Travis' block that lead to the 'keeper's tip over the bar was brilliant too, probably prevented a goal.

Bit late with this but seems best place to ask about thoughts on Ben Mackenzie at East Fife and Greg Hurst at Forfar?

Mackenzie is maybe fighting with Mark Hurst for one spot in the Saints squad next season and obviously East Fife fans have experience of both?

When I asked about Greg Hurst a few months ago whilst he was at New Bayview, the feedback was lukewarm. Are Forfar fans any more enamoured with him?

Archived