QoS v Livi

What an emotional rollercoaster that was. Would probably have taken a point before a ball was kicked but then having gone 2 up to then have to score an injury time equalizer to secure said point it was disappointing.

Young Jack made a terrific one handed save midway through the first half but then made the same mistake, hiding behind his wall allow them to score just before the break. Second half was mostly all them.

Wow the are a thuggish team and the ref give them everything and was conned on a number of occasions. 

Anyway we're still in the mix so onwards to Dumpfermline next Saturday, another 5-2 would be pleasing.:)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another home game we should have won.

Scored 2 really good goals then we give away another stupid free kick .Millar used all his experience to win the free kick but yet again Lieghfield badly at fault looks like he does not have a clue how to get a wall organised like the St Mirren game  the ball goes in the side he must cover very poor .Then the 2 nd goal he must get his defence organised to deal with the throw there has to be a man in front and behind   He really is a boy doing a man's job   What is it in the 1st 15 mins of the 2nd half teams come out fired up after the manager has had a go we just stroll out .That is 3 home ganes where we have started very poorly after half time .

Never seen us getting a 3rd Livi just do what they are good at win the ball in the air fire it forward in the hope they will get a free kick throw in or a corner  play no football but I suppose they will not care as it works for them .Gallagher you can see why he has been in jail Dykes and him challenge for the ball he goes down with very little contact then gets up like a mad man.

The playoffs are miles away for us you just can't keep giving soft goals away 

Well that equaliser was very pleasing. A couple of good goals scored and a couple of soft ones conceded. Livvy are efficient but not really that attractive and their antics with Rooney and Dykes were pretty poor, I agree the ref bottled it on both occasions, normally I'd have expected to see a booking a piece.

I'm beginning to wonder how many points we've lost this season due to replacing Robinson with Martin.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Queens and Dunfermline fail to close the gap on us, never nice be lose a last minute goal but with results going our way it’s a great point. 

Not one Pars or Queens fan thought there was even a 1% chance we'd catch Livi. Literally not one.

Almost as strange as the St Mirren fans pretending it's a close title race for some bizarre reason.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Probably all the "cheers guys" for picking up results against sides that are miles adrift.

Either taking the piss or just really thick.

Is that it? Fucking hell....

Certainly ley you lot away with murder anyway, one of those yellows should've been a red.

You missed out the bookings stat, want to try again.
Bookings tell the story mate, no Livi players got a card, so much for us kicking you off the pitch pish.

What a game though, complete rollercoaster of emotions, and that was just from keeping an eye on twitter, must've been something else being there for both sets of fans.

Aye I'm sure you're in the best position to comment having watched the words on Twitter rather than actually seeing the events.

Could have won that if Dobbie didn't bottle that at the end

Aye focus on a late miss rather than the fact we blew a 2 nil lead yet again. Dobbie's fault though.

Another good point regardless of circumstances. Will be interesting to see if our potential 4th was offside too.

I thought at the time the first guy was offside but the lino left it very late.

I'd have to see the Dykes incident again. At the time I thought he charged at that wallaper with his arm up sonwas expecting a red card. It's been nicely omitted that that thug shouldn't have even been on the park at that point. In an earlier scuffle him and Dykes went head to head. He never headbutted Dykes but he pushed his head into him and it was my understanding that's a red card offence. He then jumped up after he failed to get Dykes sent off and was all better. If Dykes wasn't getting sent off he that animal wanted a square go with him after the game instead, going by his gesture. I see the muppet hasn't been rehabilitated during his short stint away.

I missed the Rooney one but again it looked like it was being milked.

The game itself was yet again predictably shocking at the back. I can't say I'm impressed with the point. Losing another 2 goal lead at home is abysmal. Another 2 crosses and another FK as well. That takes us to 22 goals conceded from crosses.

It's getting boring I know, but given our manager's playing credentials shouldn't these basic defensive duties be his bread and butter?

Dobbie was very poor today hope his form has not gone again .At the very end the chance he had should have been the winner but no surprise he missed as he just did not get into the game looked off the pace to me should have been subbed long before the end amazed he played the 90 mins 

Not one Pars or Queens fan thought there was even a 1% chance we'd catch Livi. Literally not one.
Almost as strange as the St Mirren fans pretending it's a close title race for some bizarre reason.
Agreed its a head scratcher of a post.

The incident with Dykes and Gallacher didn’t need to happen. Alexander was going to get the ball and delayed picking it up to waste a few seconds (as every keeper in the league would do in the same circumstances). Dykes was going to him to make him pick it up, but Gallacher stood in his way and tried to obstruct him.   Dykes pushed him and he went down like he’d been shot. I thought it might have been red but surprised no yellow for Gallacher, maybe ref didn’t see it all and Linesman wasn’t offering an opinion. We assumed all the aggro afterwards was play-acting to waste more time, unless Gallacher did really intend to banjo Dykes. 

Dykes was hauled off sharpish straight after, probably a wise move.

Archived