QoS v Livi

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using BBC stats to back up a failing argument especially after QOTS could (should) have been down to 9 men is embarrassing.

In short:

We gave them 2 goals. One possibly offside?

Our 4th looks to be one of the worst decisions since the peterhead game last year. 

Toddy is still sexy.

Queens are shite

Still second

10 games unbeaten

Halkett strolled it as usual

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm confused as to why the St. Mirren fans suddenly seem so eager to wind us up when we haven't seriously been close to challenging since November when we were top for half an hour. Was this happening with Dundee United prior to their collapse and we now have to put up with it as collateral damage for being 2nd?

Its strange isn't it. If they win on Tuesday they'll be 14 points ahead of us with only 21 to play for. 

It really doesn't matter what we do; unless they really believe they can throw a mother of all collapses the title is assuredly theirs.

Don't get the squeaky bum thing; maybe there's something in the water in Paisley.

17 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Its strange isn't it. If they win on Tuesday they'll be 14 points ahead of us with only 21 to play for. 

It really doesn't matter what we do; unless they really believe they can throw a mother of all collapses the title is assuredly theirs.

Don't get the squeaky bum thing; maybe there's something in the water in Paisley.

You don’t get the squeaky bum thing.... we do.... Hammarby. The 2010 League Cup final.... I know those games are history, but the scars run deep. When we won the second tier in 99/2000 the players all made ‘Shhhhh’ signs. The meaning behind it was ‘keep it low key, don’t get ahead of ourselves’. Not one single St Mirren fan has started a song yet at a game this season along the lines of ‘Now you’re gonnae’ believe us’ or ‘Championees’ etc. If they did, I guarantee you, the rest of the support would say ‘shhhhhh!’

This St Mirren team will not fcuk this up, but believe me, there CAN be strange things in the water down Paisley way.

Understand them celebrating us dropping points as they will want the title won asap but there has been some truly bizarre behaviour on show since we spanked them.

If they can get the title won before we come to visit, that would suit me.

41 minutes ago, A Livi Fan said:

Using BBC stats to back up a failing argument especially after QOTS could (should) have been down to 9 men is embarrassing.

In short:

We gave them 2 goals. One possibly offside?

Our 4th looks to be one of the worst decisions since the peterhead game last year. 

Toddy is still sexy.

Queens are shite

Still second

10 games unbeaten

Halkett strolled it as usual

It's called facts pal. 15 fouls to 10 isn't a huge amount more but to claim that Queens were doing the kicking off the park quoting another queens supporter (I know it wasn't you) is fairly embarrassing. 

Halkett strolled it again ? He is a good defender but did he not slip on his arse presenting us with a goal at livi ? 

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You don’t get the squeaky bum thing.... we do.... Hammarby. The 2010 League Cup final.... when we won the second tier in 99/2000 the players all made ‘Shhhhh’ signs. Not one single St Mirren fan has started a song yet at a game along the lines of ‘Now you’re gonnae’ believe us’ or ‘Championees’ etc.

This St Mirren team will not fcuk this up, but believe me, there CAN be strange things in the water down Paisley way.

You know I'd love to wind you up by saying we could catch you up and you'd better look over your shoulder but I don't think even the most optimistic Livi support really believes that. To be honest you'd need  to mimic Brechin to stand any chance of fcuking it up (totally ignoring the fact that we'd need to win all the remaining games).

Livingston comfortably the better side, certainly in the second half.

I was glad we retrieved a point, but it's not that useful really.

The first and second goals we lost were really poor.  The bookings given to our players in the second half just amounted to a cowardly hedging of bets by the ref.  If elbows really had been thrown, the cards should have been red.  If they hadn't, any cards should have been given to the blokes on the floor.

Either way, bookings for the Queens player could not be justified.

Keen to see the Hardie one late on again.  It certainly looked like it was being allowed to stand.  I also wondered about a possible offside ahead of our equaliser.

I'd have taken a draw at 2-0 down and even after we equalised but it's hard to take when we had a perfectly good goal disallowed minutes before Queens got their third. Looked like a case of the lino forgetting that the scorer being further back than the player who made the pass is not an offside decision.

Understand them celebrating us dropping points as they will want the title won asap but there has been some truly bizarre behaviour on show since we spanked them.

If they can get the title won before we come to visit, that would suit me.

What was the previous two results before that??

Oh yeah spanked you twice [emoji106]

Well, another routine 3-3 draw....

We scored two good goals. First Dobbie set up Thomson with a clever lay-off, Thomson hit it sweetly, 1-0. Second, a good bit of passing across the park, clever work from Thomas, dangerous ball in, Dykes takes very well. 2-0, easy street, what could possibly go wrong?

Livi responded with some pressure, Leighfield had a good save, then Rooney gave away a wholly unnecessary free-kick in a dangerous area, 2-1, game on.

The first 15 of the second half were a nightmare. A free header from a long throw, 2-2. Then after a Dobbie pass was intercepted, Livi swept upfield, a few quick passes, a good cross, and it was 2-3.

We were rocking, but curiously I thought Livi let us back in by starting playing to hold on to the lead. We were going for it but leaving gaps, so a goal could easily have come at the wrong end. And just when I was thinking it wasn’t going to happen, a dangerous ball into the box, and there was Todorov to pounce on the loose ball.

The ‘offside’ goal never looked like a goal, the players looked as though they all expected an offside. Unless the highlights say different....

9 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Well, another routine 3-3 draw....

We scored two good goals. First Dobbie set up Thomson with a clever lay-off, Thomson hit it sweetly, 1-0. Second, a good bit of passing across the park, clever work from Thomas, dangerous ball in, Dykes takes very well. 2-0, easy street, what could possibly go wrong?

Livi responded with some pressure, Leighfield had a good save, then Rooney gave away a wholly unnecessary free-kick in a dangerous area, 2-1, game on.

The first 15 of the second half were a nightmare. A free header from a long throw, 2-2. Then after a Dobbie pass was intercepted, Livi swept upfield, a few quick passes, a good cross, and it was 2-3.

We were rocking, but curiously I thought Livi let us back in by starting playing to hold on to the lead. We were going for it but leaving gaps, so a goal could easily have come at the wrong end. And just when I was thinking it wasn’t going to happen, a dangerous ball into the box, and there was Todorov to pounce on the loose ball.

The ‘offside’ goal never looked like a goal, the players looked as though they all expected an offside. Unless the highlights say different....

Everyone expected an offside flag, that’s what made it all the more bizarre, when Longridge received the ball my first thought was to look at the linesman, he kept his flag down, he then passes the ball to Hardie who taps the ball in the net, only when Hardie touched the ball was offside given, Hardie couldn’t have been offside as he was behind Longridge, all very strange. 

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The bookings given to our players in the second half just amounted to a cowardly hedging of bets by the ref.  If elbows really had been thrown, the cards should have been red.  If they hadn't, any cards should have been given to the blokes on the floor.

Either way, bookings for the Queens player could not be justified.

I was listening to Open All Mikes, I know I know!

The commentator thought the Livi defenders were at it and it was they who should have been booked.

3 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I was listening to Open All Mikes, I know I know!

The commentator thought the Livi defenders were at it and it was they who should have been booked.

Wasn’t Allan Preston covering the game by any chance ? Man has the biggest chip on his shoulder over being sacked by Livi years ago, he can’t let it go. 

Everytime he covers a Livi game he always has a dig about something. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Everyone expected an offside flag, that’s what made it all the more bizarre, when Longridge received the ball my first thought was to look at the linesman, he kept his flag down, he then passes the ball to Hardie who taps the ball in the net, only when Hardie touched the ball was offside given, Hardie couldn’t have been offside as he was behind Longridge, all very strange. 

Yes, it was the lateness of the flag that was odd.  The timing of it seemed to indicate that Hardie himself was offside, which didn't seem to make much sense.  

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Wasn’t Allan Preston covering the game by any chance ? Man has the biggest chip on his shoulder over being sacked by Livi years ago, he can’t let it go. 

Everytime he covers a Livi game he always has a dig about something. 

It was Allan Preston.

Would have took a point before the game and would’ve tore your arm off for one after half an hour. Thought we started the better side without doing much, then proceeded to give Dobbie too much time and space to take the ball down in the box and tee up Thomson. A great finish, and at that point I was wondering how he couldn’t have done that for us. :lol: I’d like to see the second goal again, thought Dykes was possibly offside but it was definitely poor defending down our left.

Three great finishes for our goals and special shout to Hardie for making it back from Andorra and getting right in and about it. We looked a different side when he and Byrne came on, disappointed not to hold on for the three points but it’s hardly an awful result. I certainly didn’t think Longridge was offside when he squared to Hardie and that would’ve probably put the game to bed.

Be interesting to see if Queens can edge ahead of the Pars and United for 4th, certainly given that they have Dobbie anything is possible.

Archived