QoS v Livi

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

What a shit drive that up the road that was. Nearly 7 and half hours. Ah well hope to be rewarded with 3 points tomorrow and a dobbie goal return. Mon the South!!

Loyalty, that's what I like. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Disgusting and disgraceful comment.

Bit rich coming from the person who has constantly launched character assassinations of the current manager for the last year or so , regardless of facts or results.

Got an earlier finish now so will go along today. Really not confident of a result. It was a good win on Tuesday but Livi are a far better side so we'll need to cut out the daft mistakes ([emoji38]) to get anything today. Dobbie's status is "we hope he'll make the squad" which suggests he won't be starting.

If ever there was a season where I know it's an actual addiction to go and watch Queens it's this season: I spend money that could be better used elsewhere, it changes my personality and I know it's doing me no good. Then on the come down, I'm not a pleasure to be around and I just feel worse than before I got my hit.

Pete Doherty the 2nd.

10 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Livi have looked really good this season even in the 1-0 win they were the much better of the teams 

Meh, I thought the 1-0 was pretty even. We were fortunate to win but I thought a draw would have been fair. On the other hand we absolutely stole the 2-2 at Livi early season. They were much the better side that day. And they completely bullied us at Palmerston the first time. Lucky it was only three. Best anybody has played against us this season.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Meh, I thought the 1-0 was pretty even. We were fortunate to win but I thought a draw would have been fair. On the other hand we absolutely stole the 2-2 at Livi early season. They were much the better side that day. And they completely bullied us at Palmerston the first time. Lucky it was only three. Best anybody has played against us this season.

Agree with all of this, the last game I thought was pretty even, and although we had most of the ball we rarely created anything. 

The first game we absolutely bossed bar a 10 minutes period in which you scored 2 brilliant goals.

The game down at Palmerston was one of our best performances of the season without a doubt, hope for the same again today but I’ve got a bad feeling about this one. 

9 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Bit rich I would never coming from the person who has constantly launched character assassinations of the current manager for the last year or so , regardless of facts or results.

I would never  resort to insulting language like that.

I think you will find my comments re. Naysmith are DUE to facts and results - and his approach to football -  not "regardless" of them.

To disrespect Gordon Chisholm in that way after what he led us to is  absolutely disgraceful.

Dobbie could not have been benched for Europe had Chisholm not taken us to the Cup Final in the first place !

28 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

I would never  resort to insulting language like that.

I think you will find my comments re. Naysmith are DUE to facts and results - and his approach to football -  not "regardless" of them.

To disrespect Gordon Chisholm in that way after what he led us to is  absolutely disgraceful.

Dobbie could not have been benched for Europe had Chisholm not taken us to the Cup Final in the first place !

He also led us on a shambolic run at the back end of 2008 and should have been sacked before we got lucky with him getting the Dundee job. 

I reckon we are going through our bad spell of the season at the moment, but the momentum and spirit seems to be getting us points , not too confident for this one, but it's well within our grasp to dig out the win, hopefully we do.

Just now, LiviGaz said:

I reckon we are going through our bad spell of the season at the moment, but the momentum and spirit seems to be getting us points , not too confident for this one, but it's well within our grasp to dig out the win, hopefully we do.

Drew 2 and won 3 of our last 5 games, no bad for a bad spell.;)

Agree with you about digging in to get the last couple of draws but I think those were as much down to the cold spell/snow knackering us for two weeks not being able to play or train properly, the game against Morton certainly suffered for it, and last week  against Falkirk we created chances but just didn't look as sharp in front of goal as we did prior to the lay off, still undefeated in our last 9 league games though so we're doing pretty well.

This game isn't going to be easy, esp with Hardie out after playing in Andorra yesterday, so another draw would be a decent result, hopefully we can get the win though, we managed to score plenty of goals before Hardie came along and have players all over our team chipping in. Our defence has been a huge part of grinding out wins and draws too when games have been tough.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was your 2 subs that came on and scored wasn't it, Lyle nipped around Gallagher and dinked it over Alexander for a sublime finish to put you 2-1up, that big white toothed grin of his still haunts me. :(:lol: Aye we did all the hard work and were strolling the game then in a 10 minute spell Queens were in the lead and could  have nicked all 3 points, that's football though, full of wee surprises and you just never know when things can turn in a game.

Did the same at Dunfermline when Gallagher had come back from a suspension and it cost us in the first half, playing Toddy in defence and keeping Gallagher on the bench. Buchanan is much better in defence than Toddy right enough but Gallagher isn't as good as Byrne in midfield, so why play him there when Byrne is available again, and not been out injured.

At least Robinson is playing, and a surprise having Hardie in the squad after playing yesterday, should be ok to come on for the last 15 mins or so though which will be interesting.

Archived