QoS v Livi

Great result for Queens last night and it also helped us out a bit too, but a good confidence boost for them going into this game.

With Hardie called up on International duty i'd like to see us playing either Robinson or Rafa up front with Miller, really not impressed with Boyd and I think he is too selfish on the ball when he needs to be looking at making a pass, and invariably loses possession. Hopefully Cadden gets the nod too, both he and Robinson have been on the bench as unused subs so about time they were being played.

Byrne should be back for this game after his suspension but i'd also keep Keaghan in the team, we started the season with all 3 CM's playing and I think we should go back to that again, for now anyway.

Hoping for this starting 11:

Alexander

Gallagher                            Halkett                            Lithgow

Cadden                    Byrne                       Pittman                   Jacobs                    Rafa

Miller                     Robinson

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we manage to win this game we are all but securing our playoff place so a great incentive for the team to get a positive result. 

Its a win apiece and a draw in the 3 games up to now so nothing to separate the sides in head to head games this season. 

Tough looking game though, more so after last nights result which I’m sure would’ve boosted confidence. 

Hopefully Cadden and Robinson are both fit for this one, I know they’ve been on the bench the last couple of games but I’m not convinced they where fit enough to play and where just on the bench because we had no one else. 

Byrne is a shoe in to come back in, and can see Boyd partnering Miller, although I agree he’s been a big let down since signing. 

Think a draw would’nt be a bad result but as I said a win would all but secure that playoff place and put more pressure on the chasing pack. 

After last night's unexpected 3 points it's game on again. Livi will be missing Hardy who by all accounts has been central to the recent good form and we could have Sir Stephen back, could we squeeze three points from this game? 2-1 Queens :)

Would have had more confidence if we were away. Not expecting much against a good Livi side. It was a good result last night but lets not kid on Utd are anything other than mediocre. Hardie being out is good news but equally Dobbie could be out as well. Anything other than a definite 'yes, he'll be fit' will signal to me he won't be fit. I still believe the home crowd was so poor on Saturday because folk will pay to watch our shite just to see Dobbs so even if the club know he won't make it I can't imagine they'll come out and say that.

If he's fit I'll maybe go after work, if he's out I won't bother [emoji20]

Hopefully Dan gets a wee bit more game time.

44 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Think Brownlie is suspended for Sat .

Hopefully at least get Dobbie on the bench .

Going to be a very hard game Livi have impressed me this season they are very well organised  hardworking team  

Brownlie is suspended, Dobbie will be back, but I think only a booking away from a 1 match ban.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:28, 19QOS19 said:

Anything other than a definite 'yes, he'll be fit' will signal to me he won't be fit.

Why do we want to indicate to the opposition whether or not Dobbie is playing or not. By doing so must give them an advantage.

We should make changes because of a variety of factors, namely:

• We aren't going to sit in and attack on the break at home.
  • Livingston won't be as open as United
  • Livingston play completely differently to United (More Direct, organised, fit, not shite.)
  • We'll be playing 4 games in 2 weeks so rotation is necessary
  • Stephen Dobbie is good at football

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In what way would it give them an advantage?

If they think Dobbie is going to play then I would be watching him closely, doubling up on him and trying to prevent him getting an early shot away or giving him time to place a shot or pass. That occupies a number of opposition players. What happens if these plans have been put in place and he doesn't play

Now say Dobbie isn't going to make it but he does that would change way opposition have planned to play him and may create space elsewhere on the pitch.

Keep the opposition guessing

Archived