Scotland v Costa Rica 23rd March

Roberston was fantastic. Great engine. One defensive lapse, but a consistent attacking threat with genuine pace and an ability to deliver fantastic whipped low crosses into dangerous areas. He’s improved immensely since his move to Liverpool. Developing into an outstanding player at international level.

Unfortunately, the rest of the team looked a long way from international class.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Say what you want about Scott Brown, but he was as close as Scotland had to a word class player for a few seasons under Strachan, Lennon and now under Rodgers. I’m sure he has the best ever champions league passing statistics, which is some going.

WORLD CLASS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WORLD CLASS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Certainly close to it in his prime. He’s definitely in the top 10 best ever Scottish players.

My only gripe is that he never went down to Spurs or Man Utd when he was younger. He’s one of the best ever passers in the champions league, imagine he was playing at a higher level like the EPL, Serie A, La Liga.

Scary.

7 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Certainly close to it in his prime. He’s definitely in the top 10 best ever Scottish players.

My only gripe is that he never went down to Spurs or Man Utd when he was younger. He’s one of the best ever passers in the champions league, imagine he was playing at a higher level like the EPL, Serie A, La Liga.

Scary.

Crystal meth user ^^^^^

Really disna matter where Scott Brown  went or could have went during his career..We now need some sort of hard midfielder like him who can do the breaking up of attacks etc and dictate the play in midfield ..He,s  not my favourite player but we are going to struggle to replace him..Definitely a big miss in the current squad but his time is up and i cannot see any player to match him.. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Scary.

11 minutes ago, Caribbean Dreamer said:

On the subject of booing - what's with the booing of the Costa Rica national anthem??? - heard it in North Stand D3 section - is there really a need for that??

Almost as bad as booing Gamboa cause he plays for Celtic (same section as above)

become such a habit we'd probably boo the syrian national anthem if it had a team full of players who'd just recovered from injuries caused by shrapnel

15 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Roberston was fantastic. Great engine. One defensive lapse, but a consistent attacking threat with genuine pace and an ability to deliver fantastic whipped low crosses into dangerous areas. He’s improved immensely since his move to Liverpool. Developing into an outstanding player at international level.

Unfortunately, the rest of the team looked a long way from international class.

as a liverpool fan , comparing him from september to now there is such a difference in him , the runs he makes are far more intelligent and he doesn't just cross at every opportunity now.

hopefully we can find a system that benefits us , with tierney and griffiths to come back that system should work a bit better.

too many similar players in the middle of the park in the first half. i'd like to see mctominay play behind armstrong or mcgregor

On the subject of booing - what's with the booing of the Costa Rica national anthem??? - heard it in North Stand D3 section - is there really a need for that??
Almost as bad as booing Gamboa cause he plays for Celtic (same section as above)
It's just some nawbags who are pissed we don't have our own anthem.

same match, different observation - did anyone notice a larger police presence than normal on Friday night at Hampden compared to recent matches, apart from England, or was it just me?

also what was going on with the 'white van' parked outside the North Stand, had the drivers side window smashed & a couple of Police Scotland's finest officers looking very concerned whilst standing beside it?  

would start with Armstrong, McGregor, Forrest, Cummings in the team on Tuesday - agree/disagree?

same match, different observation - did anyone notice a larger police presence than normal on Friday night at Hampden compared to recent matches, apart from England, or was it just me?
also what was going on with the 'white van' parked outside the North Stand, had the drivers side window smashed & a couple of Police Scotland's finest officers looking very concerned whilst standing beside it?  
would start with Armstrong, McGregor, Forrest, Cummings in the team on Tuesday - agree/disagree?
The van was getting put onto the back of a flat bed when we were passing. Guessing it was abandoned and it was the police themselves who had put the window in to get access.

16 minutes ago, Caribbean Dreamer said:

I don't see what Cummings has done to deserve a start or even to be in the squad.  He's basically the new David goodwillie. Will fade away soon, at least mcburnie has a chance and something to offer, I'd give him another run. 

Cummings, predictably enough, failed miserably in no time at all in the championship and came back up here to the comfort zone where he's not even first choice.  Talented but a waster, just like goodwillie. 

Mcburnie is young, at a premiership club with a bit of experience which Cummings will never get within a million miles of, is tearing the championship up on loan, good attitude and good physical attributes making him well suited to playing up front on his own which Cummings is not.  I would start mcburnie again.

Sure they did

Harry Redknapp wanted Scott down at Spurs in 2009 although Scott’s loyalty to Celtic prevented the move. Man Utd enquired in 2008/2009 after playing a Brown inspired Celtic in the Champions League, again Scott closed the door on that move. Everton, Newcastle, Roma and Sevilla all made contact with Hibs before he chose Celtic too.

He’s had a magnificent career but part of me wishes he was maybe a little less “loyal” and he moved down south or abroad around 2009 as his performances for Scotland and Celtic in the European Cup have proven, he’s one of the best midfield enforcers and passers that we are ever likely to see in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Caribbean Dreamer said:

Scotland fans used to boo Celtic players, tbf.

10 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Harry Redknapp wanted Scott down at Spurs in 2009 although Scott’s loyalty to Celtic prevented the move. Man Utd enquired in 2008/2009 after playing a Brown inspired Celtic in the Champions League, again Scott closed the door on that move. Everton, Newcastle, Roma and Sevilla all made contact with Hibs before he chose Celtic too.

He’s had a magnificent career but part of me wishes he was maybe a little less “loyal” and he moved down south or abroad around 2009 as his performances for Scotland and Celtic in the European Cup have proven, he’s one of the best midfield enforcers and passers that we are ever likely to see in Scotland.

Yeah I totally believe you.

Archived