History in the making

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You could go to EEP and if they're losing very badly at HT then pop over to Central Park and get in for the entire second half free tbh.

Dunfermline don’t do losing badly at half time. They like to take a demanding half time lead then throw it away in the second half, conceding a last minute winner. :) 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Out of interest, what other teams have been relegated from this tier without winning a game?  

I'm not sure if anyone has failed to win a game all season, but sure I read that someone has been mathematically relegated before managing their first win - possibly Clydebank?

Cowdenbeath and East Fife in mid-1990s rang bells but I see each managed 1 solitary win before the closing weeks of the season.

53 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm not sure if anyone has failed to win a game all season, but sure I read that someone has been mathematically relegated before managing their first win - possibly Clydebank?

Cowdenbeath and East Fife in mid-1990s rang bells but I see each managed 1 solitary win before the closing weeks of the season.

Clydebank won 1 (One) game in 1999/00, I haven't been able to track down whether it was pre- or post-mathematical relegation yet though.

28 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Clydebank won 1 (One) game in 1999/00, I haven't been able to track down whether it was pre- or post-mathematical relegation yet though.

They beat Raith 2-1 at Cappielow on March 7th.

They were mathematically relegated on March 18th with a 4-0 defeat at Somerset after they'd played 29 games meant they could no longer catch 8th placed Morton, but this was of course when the bottom two were automatically relegated.

They weren't confirmed to finish bottom behind Airdrie until 8 April, their 32nd game, when they lost 2-1 to Livingston while Airdrie were pumping Morton 3-0. 

EDIT: Actually that's bollocks: the following season was the year the SPL moved to 12 teams, so there was only one relegation place that year.

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

.ut of interest, what other teams have been relegated from this tier without winning a game?  

Just checking, cause i'm a curious b*****d.

Just got to Clydebank in 1999/2000 but they won 1 game and finished with 10 points.

The Alloa also winning just 1 game in 1974/75

Nope couldn't find any and checked back as far as the SPFL archives went.

Archived