The Greenock Galacticos v The Brechin Bumpkins, 24th March 2018 - The Final Insult

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Treasured league wins, treasured competitive football and the distinct prospect of actually staying in the second tier - something that your club hasn't achieved since 1986. As opposed to record-shattering fail, humiliation and a plunge down the divisions which is on the cards for your abject rabble. 

Get doon. 

Using seaside league titles to lord it over Brechin fans now. What a truly obnoxious c**t you are! :lol:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Using seaside league titles to lord it over Brechin fans now. What a truly obnoxious c**t you are! :lol:

Typical, thick, spoon-burner found - the only person who even mentioned 'seaside league titles' in this thread was a Brechin fan. 

Thanks for playing anyway and kindly bore off back to your own threads Clive. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Typical, thick, spoon-burner found - the only person who even mentioned 'seaside league titles' in this thread was a Brechin fan. 

Thanks for playing anyway and kindly bore off back to your own threads Clive. 

So which 'league titles' were you referring to? The one you last picked up over 30 years ago? Yeah, bragging rights right there.

I'll visit whichever threads I want; it's certainly a right you've exercised extensively over the past couple of seasons. Can't imagine why you'd rather we all stuck to our own now, mind. 

Treasured league wins, treasured competitive football and the distinct prospect of actually staying in the second tier - something that your club hasn't achieved since 1986. As opposed to record-shattering fail, humiliation and a plunge down the divisions which is on the cards for your abject rabble.  Get doon. 

What, like when we got relegated from this level before, only to get promoted again the following year whilst leaving your mob lingering behind below? Good to know you got over it rather than develop some lifelong form of deeply-rooted teenage trauma.

Still, after our inevitable relegation from the First at the end of a two-win season, at least you finally got promoted ahead of us in the Second after we crashed to the abyssal depths of fourth place.

How you can say you're not riled yet have clearly been craving for us to drop to lowest level for most (if not all) of the time I've been on this forum is simply laughable. Top 5 Most Hated. Also noticed you conveniently skipped that cup final question after you brought it up yourself, so I'll presume that your two-horse Forfarshire Cup equivalent game of St Mirren catchup is as good as it gets for you.

I'm not in denial of how shite we are I ve seen 75 % of our games this year . And I m not actually having a go at Morton nothing against them at all. I d like to see a wee team like you guys get promoted .
We had far worse teams in the 60 s n 70 s but they always scraped a win or two .
Bottom line is our club could ve put itself in financial dire straits and make a go of staying up or balance the books and basically accept relegation before a BA was kicked . They ve chose the latter and stuck two fingers up to us fans .We ve just had to go along with it .And you know what there's not 1 game I ve watched I thought we shoulda won that .. Against you guys in the 1 1 game that's only one we ve probably stole a point others were deserved ..

The only two options aren't simply "financial dire straits and make a go of staying up" or "balance the books and basically accept relegation". It's not like signing astutely or having a competent manager in charge would've sent you into administration.

As has been mentioned before after it was clear Alan Adamson was miles out his depth after we were promoted from a similar position to yourselves and we bagged him before Christmas and stayed up, making up a massive points gap in the process. He didn't even sign that many new players, maybe around 3 or 4 and got shot of the diddies. He just got the best out of what we had.

Brechin's downfall has been sticking with Dods. In no way, shape or form should he have been given a 'free season' as I've seen mentioned by Brechin fans since their promotion. You owed him nothing, you paid him to do a job and he done it, even if it was a slight overachievement. If you want to stay up or at least be competitive you need to take a gamble or two. If a gamble hadn't paid off then at least you could say you tried.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't  disagree with the obnoxious part tbh. You forgot knowallish / supercilous etc etc. But if you've been following the script for a number of years now you may ,like me decide to give him a bit of leeway.  He loves being a  bit of shock jock  (for want of a better term)

Sadly he gets a bit carried away with himself at times and heavily disguises his undoubted intellect.  He' s really a drama queen.

4 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Let's just face it we will get another doing here and Dods will still be in a job

What would it take for him to lose the job? You think it's a case of "we're down anyways" and wait until the summer? I can't see your board keeping him on after this surely.

What would it take for him to lose the job? You think it's a case of "we're down anyways" and wait until the summer? I can't see your board keeping him on after this surely.

I'm beginning to wonder that myself. we all expected to go straight back down but not to be this bad. Knowing our committee they will just wait till the summer

I'm beginning to wonder that myself. we all expected to go straight back down but not to be this bad. Knowing our committee they will just wait till the summer

Ye and bring in a new guy 4 days before league cup start s with 4 signed players 3 of whom are injured and out for whole of next season [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

The Brechin fans certainly know how to rile this deluded lot.  As Hedgecutter mentioned VT has Brechin in his top 5 most hated teams.  :lol:  

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

So which 'league titles' were you referring to? 

I'll visit whichever threads I want; it's certainly a right you've exercised extensively over the past couple of seasons. Can't imagine why you'd rather we all stuck to our own now, mind. 

I said 'league wins' champ. Clearly you thought that referred to 'Morton and league titles', as opposed to 'Dumbarton and, err, league wins' - actually winning any single game of league football - which was the comparison already being made in the thread. Because you're an idiot who can't read for the purpose of comprehension as well as the most tedious mess of a poster in this forum's history. 

Kindly stop posting altogether Clive; rest assured that you won't be missed. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How you can say you're not riled yet have clearly been craving for us to drop to lowest level for most (if not all) of the time I've been on this forum is simply laughable. 

You've quite simply confused 'seethe' with 'contempt'. Absolutely no-one is or could be seething about your village social club, because you have contributed the square root of f**k all to Scottish football. Instead they look forward to your plunge into Highland League diddydom, being a pointless joke outfit stinking out the national game. 

I see that Cowdenbeath fans are having similar difficulties distinguishing between the two sentiments as half of the Scottish league prepares to say 'good riddance' to them. At least you'll now be better prepared for your similar experience in 2020. 

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

I said 'league wins' champ. Clearly you thought that referred to 'Morton and league titles', as opposed to 'Dumbarton and, err, league wins' - actually winning any single game of league football - which was the comparison already being made in the thread. Because you're an idiot who can't read for the purpose of comprehension as well as the most tedious mess of a poster in this forum's history. 

Kindly stop posting altogether Clive; rest assured that you won't be missed. 

Nice edit there. It was utter word salad before, and isn't much better now.

Can't imagine why I took 'league wins' to mean 'league wins' instead of 'wins in the league', which is what a poster with a reasonable command of English might have written.

Seriously, though, who hurt you? They've really done a number on you, whoever it was.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nice edit there. It was utter word salad before, and isn't much better now.

Can't imagine why I took 'league wins' to mean 'league wins' instead of 'wins in the league', which is what a poster with a reasonable command of English might have written.

Seriously, though, who hurt you? They've really done a number on you, whoever it was.

That'll be me then !!  8)  

You've quite simply confused 'seethe' with 'contempt'.

Because you're an idiot who can't read

A bit rich. I never mentioned anything close to 'seethe', yet you've somehow got seethe on the mind already. Wonder why.
rile
rʌɪl/
verb
past tense: riled; past participle: riled
informal
make (someone) annoyed or irritated.
"he has been riled by suggestions that his Arsenal future is in doubt"
synonyms: irritate, annoy, bother, vex, provoke, displease, upset, offend, affront, anger, exasperate, infuriate, gall, irk, get/put someone's back up, disgruntle, pique, rankle with, nettle, needle, ruffle, get on someone's nerves, ruffle someone's feathers, make someone's hackles rise, raise someone's hackles, rub up the wrong way; informalpeeve, aggravate, miff, get, get to, bug, get under someone's skin, get in someone's hair, get up someone's nose, hack off, get someone's goat; informalnark, get on someone's wick, give someone the hump, wind up, get across; informaltick off, rankle, ride, gravel, bum out; informalrark; vulgar slangpiss off; vulgar slangget on someone's tits; rareexacerbate, hump

It would appear that the City have you very, very riled Sir.

This thread.....

Started off  at a pretty low ebb, and the tide rapidly went oot. Nearly three full pages of posts so far, and maybe four or five posts about the match.

All this, plus Masterchef on the telly. VT must be creaming in his frillies tonight.

I’m sure other Championship teams are gonna miss this next season [emoji20] 

Won't bother them as it's only ever Morton we have this issue with. For example, we've had two match threads this week (vs Pars & yourselves), so let's see if you can match the fan to the post:

#1: You're not a plucky outfit punching above your weight - you've stank the place out and offered f**k all to the second tier as usual. Get doon and keep plummeting in the seaside leagues. 

#2: Its a shame Brechin have struggled this season as I was really pleased to see them promoted in the summer. It's always a pleasure to visit Glebe Park and I think they've brought a bit of freshness to the division this term. Hopefully they can pick up a victory or two over the remaining few games

If you're unsure and think the last 10 head to head stats may help, Pars have won 8 whilst Morton have managed just 3. However, the back-peddling vT says it's simply down to 'contempt', therefore it probably has absolutely no bearing at all.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Won't bother them as it's only ever Morton we have this issue with. For example, we've had two match threads this week (vs Pars & yourselves), so let's see if you can match the fan to the post:

If you're unsure and think the last 10 head to head stats may help, Pars have won 8 whilst Morton have managed just 3. However, the back-peddling vT says it's simply down to 'contempt', therefore it probably has absolutely no bearing at all.

TBH I’m not sure why, I personally have no issue with Brechin and always enjoy visiting Glebe Park.

Archived